-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Disposable Level Snyc?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:46 pm 

IGNs: Dominia - 66 BRD, WHM 34
One thing I always loved was being able to play with you guys, though it didn't happen as often as I had hoped because of the level differences.

How has the addition of the Level Sync system changed the game? Do you generally now level only with friends and ls mates? Is over crowding in some areas solved or worsened?

And last, I really really miss playing with everyone here at DH, generally is everone still around?

<3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I'm still here!

>_>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
uh.. i just dont do exp parties at all :p Thinking of taking up dnc for a sub atm and i'll solo it to 37.

I might go for an ls set party once a week at like 9pm fri or sat though, as long as it was at a consistant level so I could buy that level gear for my bst (dont care for what happens to stats in synched gear), might be a fun way to do some meriting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm 
Melee WHM master

IGNs: Main - Dude
Mules - Deathfromabove, Pieisawsome, Dudette, Minidude, Dudewheresmycar, and Dudesmule
I still have a few jobs to level for subs if you want to party some time just send me a tell ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 pm 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
sure I wouldn't mind meriting/exping at lower levels with people I know @.@

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 pm 

IGNs: Athan: Lvl 45 RDM, 30 BST, 30 THF, 22 BLU, 16 MNK, 11 BLM, 4 NIN, 13 WHM

Silvestri: 15 MNK. Lvl 37 Cooking. Lvl 5 Fishing.
Personally I hate exp parties. Playing with players who group jobs like they are chess pieces are not fun.

Do I think playing smart and building a good party is important? Yes. Do I see anything wrong with thinking that a BST could join party if I have an idea on how to work him in? Hellz no.

I've pretty much sworn off exp parties as they waste too much time. With strangers in a party, no one owes you anything. As much as people say FFXI has an amazing player base (which I agree with) there is also the side of getting ahead and the pure drive to do it.

I only have a couple jobs leveled. With black mage and white mage, I'm not really too interested in leveling them. At a lower level, I can for now get away with it. That's how I see myself, a low level player who doesn't have much experience with lvl 75 jobs or events. But it seems no matter what, red mage at all times must have white subbed. I joined an exp party last night (lvl snyc 34), I was the first one on the list and it took, of course, another 30 minutes for everyone to run to Jeuno. As soon as the party was full, I was kicked from the party. No white sub. Blue sub for Red wouldn't cut it. Red at 34 has all the curing spells of white at 17 and blue brings to the table Healing Breeze and Auto Regen (similar traits to white.) The mp pool, especially since I was wearing mp gear, wasn't a big difference. The party itself looked unbalanced anyway, one blu/blk and four other melee only classes. Sure, if they wanted a main healer go for white/black.

With Field of Valor and exp rings, I'm really not into exp parties anymore unless it's with people I know or maybe even beginning players as the chaos of beginning parties at times can be amusing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am 
Melee WHM master

IGNs: Main - Dude
Mules - Deathfromabove, Pieisawsome, Dudette, Minidude, Dudewheresmycar, and Dudesmule
people looked at me funny when I came to a party in the doonz as a war/blu and out tanked the pld taking less dmg too XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:36 am 

IGNs: Athan: Lvl 45 RDM, 30 BST, 30 THF, 22 BLU, 16 MNK, 11 BLM, 4 NIN, 13 WHM

Silvestri: 15 MNK. Lvl 37 Cooking. Lvl 5 Fishing.
I've heard some talk on message boards that /pld can out defend /blu. Also, there was a limit to how much defense you can put up before it becomes 'capped' per se. Something to do with another formula based on the mob you are fighting. Again, more talk.

The Blue Mage plans while the Gods of SE laugh at him.