-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: So....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 am 

Been about 3 years or so, but I reactivated my account and jumped through all necessary hoops to actually log into the game. Pretty lonely in there! Guess I have some catching up to do with the whole level 99 thing. Why, back in my day 75 was as awesome as it got!

So lonely...

Post subject: Re: So....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:07 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
It's not so bad..../comfort

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
What are you doing in Vana'diel? Must have taken a wrong turn at the rabbit hole..

Ive been thinking of playing lately actually, just not on dial up, which limits my options to zero. Might consider satellite internet and final fantasy 14 on ps3 this fall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm 

Just happened to get the urge the other day. I'm not working full time currently so found myself with some extra time on my hands. Then i heard there was a new expansion coming...seemed like fate!

Still in the process of getting reacquainted with the game. Fortunately I lured my sister back too and she is way better than I am these days, so that is helpful! Going to level ranger for a little bit and see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:43 pm 

Day, any chance u have 4g around you? I know a few people that have had better success with tethering internet from cell phone with sprint unlimited plan then going satellite.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:44 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Joe wrote:
Day, any chance u have 4g around you? I know a few people that have had better success with tethering internet from cell phone with sprint unlimited plan then going satellite.

Cellphone is crap due to the fact that it costs like $70 a month for a plan that gives you less than 5 gigs of bandwidth per month, which id eat up in ps3 patches in a few days. Same for satelittle, its like $70 for 25 gigs a month and really bad upload speeds that i've read wont let you play mmorpgs worth a crap. My neighbor gets cellphone internet barely, 2 bars on verizon, no at&t or sprint available here.

I also now have wireless internet at 768/128k which translating means I can download stuff about twice as fast as dialup for $50 bucks a month instead of $10 a month, its a 1 yr contract with me not even sure I could play ff14 on it. OR they offer a 'dedicated 1mb connection for $80 a month' which to me means average dsl for 80 bucks a month. I'd do the 1 megabit (bit meaning divide by 8 for a real speed) for $50 but not 80. Cable is like 3 or 5 megabit for 50 to 70 a month after all their stupid fees and taxes here.

In the end I just play my ps3 and wii and take them to work to use the internet if I need to update games.