-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Saw this on Allakhazam this morning and wanted to get your reaction.
Quite a sad story of the breaking of a longstanding linkshell.
Thoughts?

Is this a case of RL > Game or one where Game > RL

FoodCity wrote:
My linkshell is done.

At least as I knew it.

I started playing FFXI at the NA Release and with the exception of a few weeks here and there were I took a break from the game I have played pretty much for 6 years.

Almost all of my time spent in this game has been with 1 linkshell.

We were not the biggest shell around or the most acomplished but we were all close and I knew that if I needed help with anything, all it would take was 1 comment in linkshell chat and everyone knew that if they needed help with anything all they had to do was ask.

We all worked great together and there was rarely any drama to speak of and the very few times drama did pop up it was dealt with quickly.

Everyone loved our linkshell. As a matter of fact the vast majority of people on my server were (and im not exagerating)members at 1 time or knew someone who was a memeber of my linkshell.

We did sky, we camped NMS, did Sea, made BCNM and KSNM runs. Everyone was happy. Everything was peacfull. No drama

Life was beautiful.

Until she showed up

She came from another server and transfered over because the Leader of my shell and her lived close by each other and had met randomly 1 day, started talking and before you know it they were dating in rl.

Now im all for Love. I have a wife of my own who I love dearly, but what is it that makes some people completley change the 2nd they get some @#%^? Sorry for the crude language and if I offeneded anyone but seriously. Why do some people become complete @#%^s the 2nd they get some?

At first the change was slight. "she" started lecturing people in the shell about the right way to do things, because she was a member of the largest and most succesful linkshell on her previous Server and because every End game on this server was desperate to recruit her so we needed to listen to her. The veteran members of the shell just bit thier tounges

Then some of her rl friends switched to our server and the change became more Obvious.

The Leader of my shell who had always been a laid back guy began to have episodes were he would blow up at people for stupid stuff. He began to have private exp parties for her and her friends and making bcnm runs just for her and her friends.

Drops from sky and Sea were given to given to people who had not put in the time, and events that had always been run at a certain time were now changed because she and her friends decided they didnt like the start times.

The linkshell that I had "grew up" with was changing. The veteran members began to leave the shell and go elsewhere. And everytime I or another sack member would ask why, they wouldnt say (but I knew the reason)

I was fed up.

and I was torn. I had spent so much time and energy with this linkshell and that little green dot next to my name meant so much to me that I couldnt stand to see what was happening to it.

And then it happened.

During a Kirin run I out lotted 1 of her friends for an osode and all hell broke loose.

I had spent 6 years with this shell. I have been on countless trigger runs and in all of the time I had done sky I had only lotted 1 piece of equipment. Byakko Haidate. Thats it. That and the osode was all that I really wanted from sky. I have seen numerous other Osodes drop and even though I could hacve lotted them I always passed to other memebers who need it more. But I wanted this 1. I had more than earned it.

But She didn't think so. And why you ask does she think I didn't earn it?

Because despite the fact that I had been doing Sky with my linkshell for almost 4 years and have very rarely missed a trigger run, I had missed the last trigger run because I went to watch my 5 yr old Niece sing the national anthem at a hockey Game.

And so the comments started.

"My name here doesn't deserve that he missed the monday trigger run"

"My name here should pass if he had any class"

"My name here you don't need that...Pass"

All this time people are like wtf? are you serious do know how long he has been with this shell and how much time he has put into this shell? He has more than earned that.

About this time the Osode drops and She and her friends begin warping out and logging off. (The leader of my shell who I have always had respect for sat silent the entire time this was happening)

After they logged people began to just log off and I know some of them dropped thier pearl right there and I didnt blame them, for the first time in 6 years I honestly began to hate putting on my linkshell and began wearing my dynamis shell just for the peace and quite.

A few days passed and it was a nice and quite day in the LS (she wasnt on, but 1 of here friends were)and me and 2 other ls memebers were talking, and the conversation turned to how our LS had changed.We all knew the reason but none of us really wanted to say so (out of loyalty the ls and to our leader who had been someone you could always count on)when I said it. And I said in LS chat

We all know why the ls has been losing members and has been so awkardly quite the last month. It because of her.

The ls erupted.

People began /cheer my name here.

And then she logged in. Her friend had told her what i had said and she logged in and began screaming and cursing at me, telling me that I was a useless memneber of this shell and she was going to have me kicked.

I tried to have a polite conversastion with here but I was unable to because my words were drowned out by her and her friends throwing a never ending string of cuss words at me.

So I politely told her to "@#%^ off and die" and then logged out.

I just logged in a few minutes ago to find that my pearl was broke. I had been kicked from a LS that I had been with for 6 years. A shell that I had helped build from nothing. My old ls leader send me a /tell saying that I was kicked because I cursed at his girlfriend (I guess the 10 minute cusre filled tirade she and her friends went on is ok)

So its over. My LS has Died

Link: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 138;page=1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I hope you don't have a girlfriend, Derzerb. Ahem. In my opinion, in this particular situation, Game > RL.

I believe it would have been best to speak to the leader about this. If the guy is truly out of his gourd, then it's safe to move on. Communication is important. I wasn't fond of the "@#%^ off and die" part; that's only fanning the flames without improving the situation. Letting the tension build to such a degree was the problem.

I just don't think "bros b4 hos", or vice versa, is absolute, is all.

--

This was linked on the Allakhazam thread, but I think it illustrates the "bros b4 hos" philosophy pretty well. URL provided since the youtube tags don't seem to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2U3yLSDvQ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:21 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
But he has to protect his girls honor. D8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Id leave and make a new ls, you cant save the guy. Once everyone was gone and he was all alone with his woman and her greedy friends maybe he would see her for what she was.

HOWEVER, we arent getting the real life story, she may be HOT.. what would you do ingame for a girl that was under your desk as you were playing ffxi O_o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:19 pm 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Damn, Aid beat me to it.

Was gonna post that earlier.

:lol:

Seen it happen, firsthand.

-Ali

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:53 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Somebody in that thread posted A Pimp Named Slickback's take on it.