-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:56 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I think my will to not play anymore is ending.. I've fallen to playing pokemon with my son (we both just beat black/white at about 80 hours each) and have lost interest in about everything else, not looking forward to much of anything in terms of future games. Might as well come back to ffxi. I've got some rare home alone days coming up, I think I'll do a few ffxi marathons ^^

Anyone still play? Not sure if I'll reload Daymos or just restart.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:02 pm 
The perma-noob

IGNs: Main: Nymphadoratonks
Mule: Liltonkatruck
Yesss, you definitely should come back! If you start over, I'll powerlevel you and what not, though it's hardly needed these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 pm 

Bought the (dvd) disk and installed that, it's only $8.99 now :p

It'll be days now before I get online though as I have to sort out the character restore thing (not sure if I have the game codes anymore) and then theres the 1000 hour download on dialup. I'm sure I'll also have issues with the game token thing.

I don't intend to get anywhere in the game nor play a whole lot, I just want something to look forward to again XD

edit: It would appear I can reactivate all my old characters. Now I've got to decide if I'm doing that or just restarting fresh. Though Im sure I couldn't restart unless I burned my 'Daymos' gamecodes, would be way too tempting having them there staring at me as I grind away.

edit2: Decided to just use the free trial for 30 days before reactivating. I'll just be starting as a level 1 noob for a bit. hume bst for sure ^.~

Man signing up for the game is as difficult as applying for citizenship to another country >< enter a password, enter personal info, give me your credit card!, verify it! give me more passwords! accept agreements! read aggreement and accept again! Get content ID! Register services! Now download for 17 hours!

I bet some people quit before they ever get to play the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 pm 
The perma-noob

Let me know what your new character's name will be. Or just looks for me one you are up and running.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 am 

Might be there saturday night or maybe sunday. hard to tell when they dont list the MBs left, just like 11,000/20,000 files remaining. It took around 26 total hours of dialup to get 1/2 of the patch, so maybe like 50 hours total.. or longer than your standard console RPG just to download a patch :D

I try to think of it like my new character being a little embryo and slowly growing as the time counts down till he pops out of the alchemy pot like Voldemort and possesses my mind, destroys my world, etc. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:17 pm 
The perma-noob

I obviously love that analogy. I should be on all weekend, so whenever the birth does occur, I'm sure I'll be on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:33 pm 

browsing the allakhazam server forums it's crazy how many 'returning player' threads there are, last I looked a year ago it was all 'Im quitting' threads. Im here at work contemplating the whole starting over vs continuing Daymos idea. Lots of pros and cons both ways. I'm really looking forward to redoing the old world content as that's the part of the game I have the fondest memories of. Course I would hate to redo most all of the group-needing stuff I did before, maybe more than I hate having a long elvaan neck and a little head. Guess I have 30 free days to think about it, need a new name, probably every known name in existance is taken.. I'll have to be a letter jumble 'Kjuaty' ..might not even be able to use vowels..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am 

All set and in the game, apx. 75 hour download on dialup.

My name is Chasu the hume male from windy, I gave up on being a creative-namer and just went with my mules name from before. I'm just going with that for now. After a few hours of play the lack of money kind of hit me, never really been 100% broke in the game since I started Daymos. I like to think it's a good thing since then it makes the act of making money and amassing gear interesting. Im out there trying to score a fishing pole from a goblin fisher so I can then drop my 256gil on little worms to catch moat carps :D

I don't really need any help with anything. Just enjoying the nostalgic process of getting started.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9