-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
This is SE's newest addition to annoy players. Basically you need to go to this web address and complete the steps to 'transfer' your account before august 31st. I guess it moves it from the playonline servers to the "Square Enix Account System "

http://www.playonline.com/homeus/polshift/

When I first read about it I thought I was all set since I have a security token and a 'Square Enix ID" but there's more to it than that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:53 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Pretty simple for me already had a SE account, don't know how the process will be for people making "new" accounts. I believe the Aug 31st deadline is just for the in-game item. Can transfer later...just won't be able to play till then. I'm split with the new payment system, i like that i can use my paypal(since I've never had a credit card) and the pay per30 days instead of the start of every month. Just don't like the crysta cause there's always gonna be some odd amount leftover.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Did that switch over (dont want to risk getting the galka deleted). They wanted a lot of information...
Thanks to Daymon for the assist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 am 

The deadline is august 31st, after that I assume your character won't be gone, just when you reactivate you'll have to go through this process. Also I'm wondering if they insta charge you when you sign up for this, in which case I may wait till the end of august, since I just paid on aug 1st.

Denruki - Can you use paypal to buy crysta? I went through the normal process for the reoccurring monthly fee where they want you to use clickandbuy, I looked that up quick and I'm a little leary of giving them my credit info. Then when I checked the 'buy crysta' option it gave me the choice of clickandbuy or something like 'ultimate creditcard' I think.

I don't have a problem buying crysta though if I can use a reputable system like paypal or visa payclick (i think that's visa's offical paypal-type system), clickandbuy though.. well I'm reading all the fine print right now.

Two things in the 'help' section of the clickandbuy site scare me, 1. you have to notify them in writing to cancel your account, and 2. They mention how to cancel subscriptions from their numerous partner stores, to me that means I'll be bombarded with magazine subscriptions, website subscriptions, and little 'uncheck here if you dont want this' boxes when I sign up for my account as they attempt to tack on little charges everywhere for junk I don't want. Going to run a spybot check on this pc now and see what their website injected as far as spyware and cookies :p

There's a very long thread on allakazham forums discussing this:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 849273&p=2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 am 

Dyra
Denruki
Yes, Paypal via Ultimatepay which is part of Playspan it's one of those universal buy points to pay for games kind of site. Can even earn "free" points via surveys/ads to pay for things. Back when I hopped around free mmos i'd run into alot of these sites so i'm pretty use to it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19 am 

So I see playspan accepts the 'ultimate gamecard'. -> http://ultimategamecard.playspan.com/faq.php

I'm thinking I'll buy an ultimate gamecard at wal mart -> buy points? at playspan -> buy crysta at square -> pay for ffxi?

Is it points you buy at playspan or just credit in dollars? Or maybe I just use the card directly to buy crysta? But that wouldn't be nearly annoying enough to satisfy SE.

Its too complex but at least that way no one gets my credit info but wal mart, and I go there every 2 weeks to get groceries like clockwork so I can just throw it in the cart on my way by.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:43 am 

Going to answer my own question here sorta. I found step by step directions to buy crysta with either paypal or an ultimate game card bought from a store.

Quote:
Buying crysta with -Playspan Ultimate Play

I was not charged additional fees for using my Paypal account via Ultimate Play. Here is what I learned from using Ultimate Play:

1) You must have an Square Enix account:

Please wait ...

2) After you log into your account, look under Payments and Service Fees (on the left side of the page) and click on Enable Crysta. This will take you to a page where you must input your name and address and confirm it.

3) Once confirmed, you can then go to the Payments and Service Fees section again, and choose Add Crysta. Click on that and you will be taken to a page where you can choose to purchase Crysta. Crysta can be purchased in increments of:

500 Crysta (USD 5.00)
1,000 Crysta (USD 10.00)
2,000 Crysta (USD 20.00)
3,000 Crysta (USD 30.00)
5,000 Crysta (USD 50.00)
10,000 Crysta (USD 100.00)

4) You do NOT need an Ultimate Play account if you are paying with Paypal or the Ultimate Game Card. I was able to use both without logging in to the Ultimate Play website. After you choose how much Crysta you wish to buy (be aware how many points are on your Gaming Card), then click Next. On this page you choose between ClickandBuy and UltimatePay. I am using UltimatePay so I will outline that one. Choose UltimatePay and click Next.

5) **PLEASE BE AWARE that I was not able to do this using Google Chrome. It could have been because of my pop up blocker but I just opened it up in Windows Explorer instead** A box will pop up with 3 choices for you: A) you can choose Paypal and another webpage will open to take you to Paypals website. You will log in there with your email and password OR you will have to create an account if you do not have one. After you log in, it will show you how much Crysta you are buying and the price. Then you click Pay Now and you are basically done. The amount of Crysta will be displayed at the top of your Square Enix Account page.

B) You can use your Ultimate Gamer Card by choosing that tab in the pop up window. It will then ask you for your email address and the PIN from your gamer card. Ultimate Gamer Cards can be purchased at:

Best Buy
Walmart
Gamestop
7-11

Again you can confirm how much Crysta you have by looking at the top of your Square Enix Account page.

C) The third option would be to click the Log In link at the top of the window that popped up. You will then log into your UltimatePay account. (If you'd like to make an account, go here: https://www.ultimatepay.com/app/orde...n/index/reg/1/ ) Once you are logged in, click on the Buy More Points button. On the next page, you will see multiple options for making a payment. **Note: I do not know if there are additional fees for any other options besides Paypal and the Ultimate Game Card. Both of those do not have fees.** All the payment options are:

Credit Cards
Visa
Mastercard
American Express
Discover

Other options
Western Union
Check by Fax
Paypal
Mailing in Payment
Ultimate Game Card
Travelers Express MoneyGram

This window will have the portion to put in your payment information if you are using a credit card. If you are using another option, there are appropriate buttons at the bottom of this page that you use.

**There is also a button to change your country on this page.**

So basically if you want to pay for your account with crysta you either
A. Get a paypal account and put some money on it to buy crysta
or
B. Find a store somewhere that sells ultimate game cards

Im going to go searching for a $20 game card after work, that'll give me 2,000 crysta. My only other thing is are they going to suck out the crysta instantly and then recharge me on sept 3rd with more crysta. Going to research that, might be better to have my crysta taken aug 30th and then again sept 30th.

This makes me wonder if they're going to do what lord of the rings did, using real money for in game items. Soon it'll be 1 merit point for 10 crysta or pld af3 body for 100crysta. I imagine i'll have to pay for abyssea now with crysta, don't see any other way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 pm 

Dyra
Denruki
If you don't have enough crysta it won't charge/auto add more, service just gets cancelled, you have to manually add it. The only thing I don't like about game cards are the sales tax depending on where you are its around an extra $3-$5 and it adds up. Which is why i like being able to use paypal no other charges. Just gotta be a math wiz to even out crysta balance.

+$20 = 2000, -service fee(1195+100 per chara) = 705 left over if you only have 1 char....meh not gonna get much into it. Its the 95 cents, after about 9 payments you'll be at an even 00.

also read somewhere that your account's their crysta "expires" 2 years from purchase.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 pm 

Well I got my $20 ultimate game card from wal mart, no sales tax in NH ^^. Works just like the directions say, 2,000 crysta. Now gotta search around to check and see if I paid SE for last month and then figure out if my crysta balance is going to be -1700 right now, im kind of assuming it wont be.

To be honest, as much as I want to complain about this, it's really not a big deal to buy crysta. I wouldn't trust clickandbuy but paypal is probably more secure than whatever 3rd party SE was secretly using to process our credit cards before, and me being kind of paranoid about credit card hacks, I like the game card option.

edit:
I transfered my stuff, few more notes:
1. you don't get charged for anything until sept. 1st although you need to specify/set up payment method.
2. I bought visions of abyssea for 999 crysta, Im donating my money to SE I guess, gonna pay $30 (+$9 I paid for game disk) for all 3 when the digital download of ffxi has all add ons/expansions for $20 :D
3. I now need 2 more game cards for MOAR crysta.. 2000 for 2 more expansions, 1700 to actually pay next month.. paypal is getting more enticing.
4. Even if you delete your mules before transfering you still have to pay for them next month, content IDs won't cancel until sept 1st now. (I tried that XD )

I managed to reduce my 6 characters down to 3 which makes 14.95 a month, so buy $60 of crysta and every 4 months there's only 20 cents left. The system kind of makes you unable to quit, you dont want to quit and have $40 in crysta left in your account.

Derz - btw I dont think you need to buy any crysta to transfer your account, though I'm not entirely sure you can transfer an inactive account.