-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 am 

Quote:
New Version Update Announcement!

We are pleased to announce that our development team is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XI version update, which is currently on track for a mid-June release.

This update promises to be a momentous one, with the first level cap increase in over six and a half years, and a veritable slew of new equipment and weapon skills to accompany it.

But that’s not all! Adventurers across Vana’diel can look forward to experiencing the climactic conclusions of the popular Wings of the Goddess nation quest storylines, braving the eerie environs of the new Walk of Echoes area, taking up the gauntlet with new Trial of the Magians trials, and much more! With a host of job adjustments and other refinements on the way as well, this update is sure to offer something for players of all stripes.

As always, detailed previews will be forthcoming right here in the Topics section, so keep watching this space!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Speak of the devil...I was asking ranting about this to some of my friends last night...

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:39 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
yay, it can't come soon enough ^^

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Story addition and the end to COP level cap :o

Square wrote:
Wings of the Goddess Nation Quests: The End and Beyond! (05/20/2010)

The upcoming version update will see the highly acclaimed Wings of the Goddess nation quests reach their climactic conclusions. What does fate have in store for the heroes and heroines of the three nations as they continue their struggle in the Crystal War? Your presence may well prove to be the weight that tips the scales in favor of the children of Altana!

San d'Oria: A Snowswept Reunion

Against insurmountable odds, Excenmille and the Knights of the Cardinal Stag have prevailed in their bloody clash with Doggvdegg and his notorious Bloodwing Horde. But in the wake of this momentous victory comes disturbing tidings: the fallen Count Aurchiat has returned from the grave! To uncover the truth behind this unsettling rumor, you must venture back into the heart of enemy territory. The plucky Young Griffons will be relying on your watchful eye and dependable sword arm more than ever before as they continue their peril-fraught journey on the road to adulthood...

Bastok: The Enemy Within

Republican hero-turned-traitor Klara Bester is on the lam after her latest vicious attempt on the life of the president, leading Volker and the Mythril Musketeers to the heart of the enemy stronghold in pursuit. After arriving at Castle Zvahl, events take yet another ominous turn when an encounter with a demon hints at still darker secrets in Zeid's past. Can the former Darksteel Hurricane redeem himself for his bloody deeds, and reclaim his friend and captain from the clutches of evil in the process? The brave Bastokers are counting on you as they come face-to-face with the deepest shadow...

Windurst: At Journey's End

Having successfully averted its fate of destruction through the sacrifice of two great sorcerers, the Federation of Windurst stands on the verge of victory over its bitter foe, the Yagudo. Lehko Habhoka and the Mithran Mercenaries strike out on a final offensive against Castle Oztroja, only to be shaken to the core by the horrific scene that greets their arrival. The Great War has left deep wounds, but its heroes press on undeterred. What is the vision of the future for which they fight? Remain true to your friends until the last, and as night gives way to dawn, all will be revealed...

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5449/detail.html

Square wrote:
Chains of Promathia Areas Unfettered! (05/24/2010)

The next version update will usher in a change of Twilight God proportions with the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. Tweaks bound to further enhance your adventuring experience in these areas are also in the works.

The upcoming version update will see the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond. A journey of rediscovery to your favorite areas of old awaits!

Level restrictions will be lifted in the areas below:
Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01

Promathia Missions

Level restrictions imposed upon mission battlefields will also be lifted, making the Chains of Promathia missions more accessible than ever before. Adventurers who have yet to delve into the dark secrets of the Twilight God may now proceed with easier hearts!
*No changes are being planned for the storyline or mission progression. Level restrictions will remain in effect for ENM quests.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5459/detail.html

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 pm 

Wow I always pick the right times to come back lol. All the cool stuff seems to be released when I do, last time it was level syncing which made partying easier. You're welcome :)

Yay being able to level!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:09 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

ZAM wrote:
New Trials (of the Magians) Await Adventurers!

Today, Square Enix has released new details regarding the popular Trials of the Magians system. New trials will be added to the already customizable weapons obtainable through this system, allowing for more personalization to an adventurer's individual play styles. Furthermore, to aid in the progress through these trials, some of the requirements are planned to be adjusted, and a new item, the "Magian Spectacles" will be available to help keep track of your progress.

Are you one of the many adventurers longing to further augment your equipment with marvelous moogle magic via Trial of the Magians? Then you'll be heartened to know that additions and refinements to the system are on the way!

New Weapon Trials

The impending version update will usher in new trials allowing adventurers to take weapons already augmented via prior Magian accomplishments and enhance them further. Needless to say, new trial sequences for relic and mythic weapons will be included among these.

Adventurers will also find new trial varieties available, such as those affording the opportunity to power up one's weapon skills.

These additions are only the tip of the iceberg, however, as future updates promise to unveil the most challenging and rewarding trials yet. It will take every onz of courage and persistence at your disposal to upgrade your weapon to the limit of its capabilities, but rest assured that the prize that awaits you will be worth every step of the journey.

The Miraculous Magian Spectacles

Another addition will be a new item, the "magian spectacles," which may be purchased from the Magian Moogle for a nominal fee. This handy tool will aid in your trials by summoning a Magian trial log to your side, allowing you to review your progress from dungeons or afield.

Trial Objectives Revisited

Certain trial objectives have been reevaluated and will see target quotas reduced among other adjustments. You need not fear if you've already embarked on a trial, for these changes will also be reflected in trials underway at the time of the update.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:46 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Not to complain too much but....... I hope this isnt how they're going to 'create' gear for levels 76-99. Like say you finished the soloable path on a weapon and got 3str/12attack or whatever it is, if this update now builds upon that to add on more damage or whatnot you've just added a whole new layer to what you have to do, if you're like me and havent started any of it. Level job, then level weapon, yikes :o

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:03 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Daymon wrote:
Not to complain too much but....... I hope this isnt how they're going to 'create' gear for levels 76-99. Like say you finished the soloable path on a weapon and got 3str/12attack or whatever it is, if this update now builds upon that to add on more damage or whatnot you've just added a whole new layer to what you have to do, if you're like me and havent started any of it. Level job, then level weapon, yikes :o

It wouldn't be like Square to force us to do something we don't want to do. Nope, not ever. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:37 am 

I don't care about weapons anymore, because I'll still be using level 51 weapons at level 99, Since it looks to me like they're going back on the promise to add magian trials to existing normal gear.

I want to know what they're doing with armor. Will it be good? will we need to put the same work into each piece as the weapons require? That's a loooot of moogle power right there.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:46 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Elemental staves can bite me. I am still and forever will be against them. Truth be told, I'm tired of Joyeuse and want something better.

That said, I'm with Zynny on the armor issue.