inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:33 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
It has begun!

Square wrote:
Official "Vision of Abyssea" Website Now Live! (05/17/2010)

It is our pleasure to announce that the official website for "Vision of Abyssea," the first of three battle area add-ons, has gone live! All the latest breaking news and information such as product details will be made available hot off the press. Promotional trailers and other exciting features are also in the pipes, so be sure to add the site to your list of favorites.

Visit the official Vision of Abyssea website.

*The in-game content will be accessible upon the arrival of the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update, scheduled for mid-June.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:34 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Thou must defeat-ith the evil chocobo who over took the anti-reality realm, start at shantottos house to get teh recipe for the 'bitter greens' to start your mission line!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:33 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

How did you know of the evil chocobo boss. Sage Sundi confidentially told me that was Top Secret hush hush.

The bitter green quest will require you to kill 100 enemies in each zone of the game while having an added effect of maximum weight and slow upon you.

Then you have to go to Ru Lude gardens and recite the ancient pact to the chamber door.... In waaark chocobo.

I've already said too much, but it should give you all a considerable edge come update.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:34 am 

Daymon wrote:
Thou must defeat-ith the evil chocobo who over took the anti-reality realm, start at shantottos house to get teh recipe for the 'bitter greens' to start your mission line!

This would actually have made for a better and more entertaining story for the add-ons than what we got. now I'm disappointed Daymon doesn't write for SE.

Edit: well what Derz described sounds more like how you would have to do it, since it is SE after all... I"ll just go back to ACP then :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:02 am 
Maiden of many mules

man, they want $10 for it as well... <.<

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:44 pm 

These are kinda inconvenient for people who play on the 360, which i think is just me and the frog in my pocket lol. Cant download them from marketplace or anything, I think I can get the old addons with that repack they just put out, but what about the new ones?

Yay being able to level!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:40 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

The online package should include all expansions plus the 3 recent mini expansions.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:12 am 

Kinda not worth saying since buying the disk for the old add ons is cheaper but on the 360 I believe its the same as PC to get them. you use the playonline viewer to buy everything as if xbox live isnt there, then as far as downloading they came with a patch so they're already on your harddrive if you're playing, you just 'buy' the activation of them.

So for instance to buy shantotto I think the banner is still up there on the game-start page to click and buy, the others are buried somewhere under 'content id', then maybe 'expanded services'. I had a hard time finding them.

the new add ons arent available yet (out mid june for the first new one) but I imagine it'll be the same old deal.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:44 am 

First, I'm excited about Abyssea.
But I have a problem.

WotG isn't finish yet (heck, they said ToaU wasn't finished either [that might have been odin/alex being the end though]). The story for cities ends in June, and presumably the main storyline in September.
In relation to the other expansion packs, WotG has veeerrrry little 'endgame' content. ANNMs that nobody does, and SCNMs, not a whole lot there either. People assume a big area, only accessible by finishing the story ala sky and sea will open when the storyline ends and most people assume it's this 'walk of echos' place. as well as something comparable to dyna/limbus/assault.

Abyssea requires WotG installed.
Abyssea is part of WotG.
They are making us buy it twice.
Once for campaign and the missions, and again for the content.
It rubs me the wrong way. I'm still excited for it, and I'll still pay for it. But unless they show me abyssea is completely different, and there's still more content for WotG, I've rightfully already paid for it when I bought the last expansion, and that annoys me.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:39 am 

Well.. you're right but if you look at the overall picture (I'm trying to be positive lol, new neural pathways forming, ouch it hurts!). Instead of a new $30 expansion we are getting 3 little story bits + the level cap going up to 99 with all its additions, indirectly we are getting a new $30 expansion without SE having to run off the disks and sell it in the normal fashion. We won't be getting the land mass that older expansions gave us but this is the first time we've ever experienced a level cap raise (well, all of us that didnt start with the JP version), which they probably should have given it to us years ago in small increments.. all these improvements so late in the game.

The first 3 add ons were such a straight up scam with terrible stories (but cool gear ^^), but this time around I won't mind so much if the 99cap is somehow well implemented. It's going to take some serious thought and work on their part to let us hit 99 and not break the game, I'll give them $30 if they can do that.