-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:46 am 
Rampaging Warlock

IGNs: Anidawehi (mithra rdm, ACTIVE), Iernhardt (galka war, Inactive), Elijah (elvaan mnk, Inactive).
For the past week I have been playing another MMORPG that is still relatively new to the American audience. Can't even find any clear english guides for it yet on the internet. But I believe that is part of what has me interested in it ... having to learn things, on my own, as I go along.

I am currently a level 13 Archer. A Winged Elf, female.

See for yourself:

As in Final Fantasy, she is not my only character, but the one I am leveling atm.

More of what makes this game interesting (albeit, it will always be 2nd to FFXI):

Character customization:
There are 3 species ... Winged Elves, Beastkind, and Human. There are 2 job classes for each species.

Except for the male beastkind, you can fully customize your character.

Skin, eye, hair colors.
Facial features, including eyes, nose, cheeks, jawlines, and eyebrow and ear shapes.
Body size: Torso, arms, waist, legs, and um..

B O O B I E S !!!

I've had quite a bit of fun just playing with the character creator. 8)

There are 3 servers and there are PvP and PK features.

I'm currently on the Heavens Tear server.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

This is my "after-FFXI-while-I-am-waiting-to-pass-out" MMORPG fix. 8P

And, oh, yes ... Winged Elves are not called "Winged" because of the little wings on their heads. They can FLY starting at lv 1. Their flight wings are hidden until they take flight. Other species have to wait until lv 30 to use an aerocraft for flight or lv 40 for a winged mount (pet).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:50 am 
Maiden of many mules

I tried Perfect world I was far from impressed with it. I do like how you could customize your character at the beginning but after that I found it to be a very dull game with no purpose =x I think it would be better, if you play it with friends. But it's been a couple of months since I last played, so maybe it's decent now?

I do however also play other MMORPGS, if I get a bit tired or frustrated with FF11. Sadly I find the lack of quality mmorpgs out there to be rather lowish. Mostly I have played Lineage2 or Archlord, sometimes the old Pristontale so I could solo, like I can in Archlord. One of the things I kinda miss in FF11 is the part where you are able to do some stuff on your own - so for that I go to other MMORPGs D:

I heard Granado Espada should be very good, I just never had the luck to make those rar files working when I downloaded it >_<

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:02 pm 
Rampaging Warlock

IGNs: Anidawehi (mithra rdm, ACTIVE), Iernhardt (galka war, Inactive), Elijah (elvaan mnk, Inactive).
Perfect World is largely soloable. Probably why it makes a good little game for me late at night when I'm done with what I wanted to do in FFXI. The npc quest givers won't even give you the quests unless your level is suited for them. It does have a storyline, as well as some little side stories. However, comparing the FFXI storylines with those of PW would be like comparing "Moby Dick" to "Snow White".

Still, it's a nice little sideline game. Arti compares it to EverQuest, which I've never played.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:24 am 
Rampaging Warlock

Perfect World does become more interesting as you level up. The first 18 levels I would compare to the first 20 in FFXI. A bit of a grind. You require more experience between levels than in FFXI, but you can get a substantial amount, if not all, of it from quests. Once you hit level 19, if you've done all the pre-resiquites, you get your first real battle in a dungeon. Not soloable at level 19. I did it last night and it was fun. 3 higher level faction mates helped me, much the same way we higher levels in FFXI help lowbies get Kazham keys and subjob items, etc...

Felt a little odd being the lowbie though. >.>,

Anyhoo, it is an interesting game, although, still not on the same level as FFXI. FFXI's storylines are more meaningful and dramatic.

In other news, I've got WotG for the PC now, so Arti will now have access to those areas and I will also be able to go back to the past again ... since the 360 seems to see fit to NOT reinstall FFXI just yet. Did get an admission from one of the 360 tech support people that there is, indeed, an issue with the new dashboard and FFXI on SOME 360's. They have a lot of complaints. They are supposed to be working on a patch, but who knows if or when it will be available? It is Microsoft, afterall. >.>

Before I can install WotG on the PC, I need to take the DVD-ROM out of my PC and put it in this one (it seems to be a requirement). I'm going to do that right now and see if I can't curb my Campaign withdrawal a bit.

PS: Check out my new avatar! 8P