-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 am 

Got my copy from Amazon Release day shipping, now its sitting on my desk, starting at me. Anyone had a chance to play it yet?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Nope >< My xbox360 started refusing to play games about a week ago. It gives me an error saying "please insert this disk into an xbox 360 game console". Searching around it appears to be a fairly common problem, possibly 'stuck' in dvd mode, possibly a corrupted memory file, etc.

I'm almost happy about it though as it gives me a good excuse to get a PS3, I'll probably wait till around Christmas to pick one up w/ff13. Xbox360 is honestly the worst system I've ever owned. I never finished a game on it(to give an idea of how little its been played), had it repaired once for free, and it's just shoddy the way the covers for the USB ports flap in the breeze as they've lost their springs or the way the disk will often continue to spin in the tray as I open it. It's now my full time dvd player so I can watch stuff while playing ffxi ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 pm 

Yeah. I was not even planning to get 13 originally (didn't like 12 that much), but I saw it coming out on the PS3, watched some trailers, and you know how it goes.

Stupid 360's. I'm on my third right now, and it is currently serving as a coaster due to another case of RROD. Not sure I am going to bother with a 4th at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:05 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Bout 4hrs in right now, ps3 version, taking a short break then going back to it. The beginning is watch cutscenes, press x for auto-battle, watch cutscenes repeat, but after awhile battles become more strategic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm 

picked it up last night at the lamestop midnight release....havent felt like that big of a dork in a while seeing all the nerds there lol. was too tired to start it last night though. Oh yeah ps3 version here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
OH YEA I also forgot to mention, the product registration code that says "Recieve a special item by registering your copy of FF13" blabla, Guess what the item is........another code to apply for the FF14 PS3 beta test also it will invalidate your PC beta application....and some ingame ff14 item when its released still dunno what it is.

but right now the squenix site is getting swamped so its slow and i haven't registered mine yet.

source of info: http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/03/08/b ... ps3-codes/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 pm 

IGNs: FFXI: Lituwotu
FFXIV: Aiden Ren
Been playing it for few hours now, liking it so far. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:30 am 

Played for about 3 hours last night and did not want to stop. This is a good sign, as with 12, it always felt like a chore to me to pick the game back up, even early on.

It has been interesting for me, because this is the first new Final Fantasy game that has come out since I started to work as a game designer, so I am finding that I have a new respect for user interface choices and battle mechanics that they have added into this game.

Been neat all in all so far, and looking forward to playing more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:41 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Played about 4 hours yesterday. Got to Chapter 3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

IGNs: Maiyuu, Iamhomeless, Tofumuncher, Ayvera, Smurfypimp
BLM, RDM, BST 75
BRD 49, WHM 41, and more misc lvled jobs
I'm playing it currently too!! Taru also registered the promo code from the CD... O YA!!!! I hope you guys got urs an registered them!!!

Your serial code registration is complete.

You have been awarded 50 points, and you now have a total of 80 points.
You are currently a Bronze member.
BONUS CODE! Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!

About This Promotional Code

You are eligible to receive a 20-digit FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code because you registered FINAL FANTASY XIII for PlayStation®3.

How to Use the Promotional Code

There are two uses for the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code.

1. Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!
After the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2010, you will receive a secret in-game item* by registering the promotional code at the beginning of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
*Details on the secret item will be revealed at a later date on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and the official FINAL FANTASY XIV website.

Enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3!
The promotional code also allows you to apply now for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3. Click the link that appears below the FINAL FNATASY XIV promotional code and enter using the official beta tester application form.