-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
My screen timed out and I never saw that but it registered my game. Guess i'm SOL right?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 pm 

so it isnt for pc beta /sigh. um also anyone know of a way to make ff13 work on pc yet?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

IGNs: Maiyuu, Iamhomeless, Tofumuncher, Ayvera, Smurfypimp
BLM, RDM, BST 75
BRD 49, WHM 41, and more misc lvled jobs
I'm sorry, I am going to be a poop and say it... I really don't like FF13 very much >_> that is all. (story is great tho!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:28 pm 

Agree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

BLM, RDM, BST 75
Character: Hope........ enough said XD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 pm 

how far are you in the game mai?, i couldn't really stand hope either but hes getting a little more bearable now (fyi im about 20 hrs in)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 am 

I am still only like 7 hours or so into the game (just been too busy to play much I guess), but I really like the game so far.

The story, I find interesting enough. Nothing special so far, and I can't really follow along too well with all the fal'cie, Pulse, la
cie, etc etc. That's all a bit confusing at this point, but I am willing to assume that is because I am no where in the game.

I really do not like the characters very much yet. They are all fine (even the annoying ones), but they are not terribly interesting so far. Again, my current assumption is that this is just because I am not that far yet and I have high hopes this will improve.

It's really the logistics of the game that I am appreciating at this point. Maybe its not a great sign when your favorite thing about a game is how nice, smooth, and intuitive a user interface is, but that is really what is making me want to keep coming back. I enjoy sitting in the menu screen, strange as that may seem. The Crystalirum (whatever) was a bit hokey to get used to, but sure is nice looking.

I guess I am just really tired of playing half-assed games. In my opinion, Final Fantasy XII was a half-assed game. Calling White Knight Chronicles a half-assed game would be over-rating it. Playing a game with this level of polish, thought, and care that went into the making of it really helps restore my ever wavering faith in game development in general.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Beat it with just under 50hrs logged, I practically rushed through the game, avoided battle when I could etc. and now just doing the post-game stuff with the clear file nothing like killing 5mil hp turtles for hours. Story was ok for what was given to you during cut-scenes but most of it is clear near the last few chapters, and by filling/reading the Datalog for more information about things.

In general I didn't expect much of 13 because I knew the game was rushed, squenix developed the engine and the game around it within a short period of time. In a sense it's rather good considering that, really just indifferent about it all. It's good in some things but it sucked in others. It's a game and it gave me something to play for awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:18 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

BLM, RDM, BST 75
well so far I am in chapter 9, roughly 25-26 hours into it JUST to the point where you see Vanille and Sazh (sp) again (but b4 the others actually find them) The game is progressing much better now that I had a source to farm CP and gil... OMG gil in this game really, really sucks at the beginning. In chapter 9, I farmed a hallway, zoning in and out to keep them spawning over again. I farmed up nearly 100k :D SO HAPPY, finally able to really upgrade things, characters, etc.

In the beginning of the game, it was VERY annoying imo, I really didn't care for it too much. Now that I've finally gotten to a point where you can "start playing" it seems better.

You can definitely tell that SE rushed the game. I really don't care for the summons because they aren't what you really remember them being. I won't go much more into it, so I don't spoil it for those who haven't seen. I mean... they are neat and all... but not the "original" which I tend to like more, because I grew accustomed to that.

Some of the game controls I like... some.. not so much... Like when you paradigm switch, the ATB keeps going and your characters are still getting hit and your stagger bar is still decreasing (not the best idea especially when you have a rapid decreasing one) I know there is a weapon that slows them, but eh. The fact that.. well let's just take Lighting for example. I'm not sure what her main should be. I like her with commando, but it seems the game wants her more ravager. I buffed her in the beginning to be COM. I think it would be a little better off if you could assign just ONE equipment change when you changed your job class. I.E. keep a strength weapon on for COM, and then switch to a caster one for RAV. Maybe I'm just not that far into the game where you can eventually do that, maybe it would make it too overpowered to play, or maybe I just think too much into it, and even if a COM has strength and moves to RAV, her "magic strikes" are still very worthwhile. ALSO!! the fact that you can't move your characters around on the battlefield. (I guess I'm too used to FF12) but it seems to me that if you can't move them around, at least make them a little more stationary so you can see what's going on (besides the camera movement) I guess I'm just an old school FF player with how those games work XD lol

I'm an glad though that Tarupalooza (John) bought me the game. :D I still miss my old FF9.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:46 pm 

2 best points in the game

Spoiler! :
Shiva Bike and being on an airship assuming Cid was coming. thats not that far in the game on either, and yea, if ur not that far, it is safe to assume that SE secretively hates spanish speaking nations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next