-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:55 am 

took me about 55 hrs to beat the game, but after messing around with some of the extra stuff i think i clocked about 78 hrs before i stopped playing.

Kylindar wrote:
<3 Fang even though I don't swing that way.

il swing that way for ya buddy. Aussie accents are effin hot. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
I grinded out the postgame stuff.

I'm never gonna do that with another Final Fantasy again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoyed the Missions, except that Cactaur can go die in a fire. Repeatedly. After an oil tanker is dropped on it from orbit.

...and if I ever see SE put another turtle enemy in their game, I'm gonna personally rip their balls off. >_>;

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 pm 

Kylindar wrote:

i just noticed you got all the achievements on ff13.....you have way way way more patience then i do....the treasure hunter one can suck it, i will never get that one lol. Also congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:54 am 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
Renzokukin wrote:
Kylindar wrote:

i just noticed you got all the achievements on ff13.....you have way way way more patience then i do....the treasure hunter one can suck it, i will never get that one lol. Also congrats!

Well, I'm psycho that way. :lol: I skipped doing it on 12, because I'd heard about Yiazmat, so I really haven't done it since 10. I maxed out the grid and fought all the stuff in the Arena. It's super funny to see Lulu's dolls/Yuna with a rod hit for max damage. :lol:

13, though, God, the turtles almost broke me. I went 4 hrs w/o a drop, and after one time I booted it up, I got 4 ingots within 30 mins. Random is random, randomly. @_@ Shaolong Gui? A piece of freaking cake...though I ended up killing it with Fang's doom timer hitting around 350 or so... :lol: The baby versions were the most obnoxious thing in the entire game. If I weren't able to break it all up into sizeable chunks I wouldn't have bothered.

Treasure Hunter... I had lists made out, checked it all off, resaved, reloaded, and ended up checking them over 10 times until I figured out that I never bought one thing from the shops that wasn't in a chest. I felt like an idiot, but relieved after it popped up. :lol:

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:49 am 

I ended up stopping with 3 trophies to go (would feel really dirty playing ff13 on 360 lol). Fuckin treasure hunter, maxing out all characters (got really bored going for it) and getting an A rank on all the missions...fuck that cactuar, i never wanna fight that whore again. Well once again congrats on your OCD lol. Oh and we need to get down on some transformers action sometime!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:55 pm 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Thought I'd never hear the end of it in regards to those turtles. In fact, I was surprised Kyl didn't start up a local chapter of the Foot Clan once he was finished with this game. And now it's my turn to "enjoy?" FFXIII...?

I'd be up for some WFC action at some point I guess... not really my type of game but I went from 0/0/0/0 to around a 40 aggregate in just one massively long marathon session this Sunday/Monday... 4x XP is the bee's knees, even if you end up with laggy hosts and cheaters. Maybe I just really suck at the game, lol. Is it really balanced gameplay if a scientist can get one shotted by a scout's frontal melee attack?? Soldier I can see... whirlwind is brutal in tight corners, damn. I rarely throw my headset on, but at least I try to be a team player even if hardly no one watches my back in return, lol.

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 am 

hehe i meant more like some escalation games but i would be down for some competitive multiplayer too i guess :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Finally got this.

After reading this thread and reviews around the web over the past 8 months or whatever I'm trying to keep an open mind with it and play it for what it is, not what I want it to be.

11 hours in and it feels like ff10 to me with its linear-style and strong storyline, which is great since I just spent 111 hours finishing dragon quest9 with its open world and practically no story :p Liking it so far, I think I prefer the battle system over the gambit system in ff12, but I can't help wishing I could just pick all my commands in an ff10 style system. I guess they couldn't go pure turnbased though or all the 'cool' kids would cry in unison and it'd have scored like ff14 is.

I really can't stop playing it so far, I just have to see what happens next and I'm dying to fall down to the lower-world of Pulse and see whats really going on. I like the characters, somewhat predictable as to how they'll develop, but they make me feel at home since the same personalities have been in most ff games over the years.