-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

IGNs: Maiyuu, Iamhomeless, Tofumuncher, Ayvera, Smurfypimp
BLM, RDM, BST 75
BRD 49, WHM 41, and more misc lvled jobs
Image <-- Hope (at least in the beginning)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 am 

Necrobump go! Finally finished ff13 tonight ^^ took me about 53 hrs, which would be the shortest main playthrough of a ff game for me lol....all things considered overall the game was fun, ending was pretty meh, still very much better then ff12.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm 

I just started 13 yesterday. Only on chapter 5ish I think, but I'm really liking it so far. The obvious criticism that it is super linear is true so far, but so far, it's not bothering me. I'm afraid it will later on when I realize this isn't just a guided introduction, but who knows. I generally like the characters so far, other than Hope (OMFG stop complaining). I guess it does irirtate me about how "Oh no, towns in HD are too hard to do, even though all our competitors are doing it, and other people at our own company did it years ago (Infinite undiscovery?) and are doing it as we speak (FFXIV)" At least pitch it as part of the game design.

If you can pitch a western RPG as totally non-linear and sandboxy, why can't you pitch an RPG as intentionally linear by design? It's not bad in and of itself, just peeves me I guess.

I'll keep playing it and I'm sure I'll bump the thread again when I"m farther through it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
On Chapter 8 of this "game". Pretty damn boring so far. I liked the Paradigm Shift concept for awhile, but it's getting tedious.

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:40 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
This is the first console FF ever that I didn't buy on its release date, all the way back to ff1 in 1990. I still intend to get it perhaps at Christmas (most likely will pick up a ps3 or another xbox then) but everyone everywhere seems to consider it rushed and subpar with what came in the past. Maybe Square is losing it >.> Been awhile since they've had a great game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
I dunno, Dissidia for PSP was pretty amazing....but that's not really a console RPG.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:55 pm 

personally i rather enjoyed ff13. but i can see where alot of the negative feelings for it come from. so many people disliked the linearity of it when i actually found that to be a plus, but thats mainly just cause of my changing gaming habit as i have become an adult. i have found i cant sit and play a game all day like i use to be able to do (probably one of the reasons i quit ff11 as well) and the straightforwardness of 13 kept me going though most of it. you should still at least try it day, hell it will probably be dirt cheap on xbox by christmas anyway lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:11 pm 
Dangerous

Renzokukin wrote:
personally i rather enjoyed ff13. but i can see where alot of the negative feelings for it come from. so many people disliked the linearity of it when i actually found that to be a plus, but thats mainly just cause of my changing gaming habit as i have become an adult. i have found i cant sit and play a game all day like i use to be able to do (probably one of the reasons i quit ff11 as well) and the straightforwardness of 13 kept me going though most of it. you should still at least try it day, hell it will probably be dirt cheap on xbox by christmas anyway lol.

I know I'm there myself, can't really sit and play anymore; need it divided into manageable chunks. Still, so far, it's been hit and/or miss with me. After it's done, I don't know if I'll have the stamina to grind out the "endgame" portion of it, or even attempt to replay it (cause so far, I don't want to.. ever.).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:49 pm 
Dangerous

Well I finished this last week. It turned out better than I expected. The battle system isn't perfect, but it's good enough. The ending was pretty good, though it was almost expected. At least they kinda made you work for the ending, the last bosses weren't overly difficult, but they weren't a complete joke as they have been recently.

I liked Hope. >_>

<3 Fang even though I don't swing that way.

I don't know about doing all the after-game things, though. It's tedious and I can barely stay interested in them for over 40 mins at a time.

It's worth a rent at least if you are thinking about the game. (Though you really won't see enough until you hit chapter 11, like everyone says, the worst problem it has is pacing...)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:00 am 

IGNs: Toolbent - main
Ubiquitous - mule
Afterthought - mule
Done.

Took me about 85 hours or so. I took my sweet time moving the story along and spent a lot of time doing missions. I finished the Titan trials to get a Genji Glove and took out Neochu for the Growth Egg. The last item made the ending boss a joke because my members were all maxed by the time I got to the level 10 crystarium (sp?) The battles against Neochu and Attacus were much harder. I did like how the ending explained the FFX13 title image.

I'm still playing to completion because I'm OCD like that. Let's see how long that lasts: until something else comes along to distract me or the new school year starts :p

T'bent

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next