-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am 
Maiden of many mules

http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal ... world.html

I found this quite interesting to watch :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:15 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Interesting yes, possible.. maybe when most people older than my generation are dead :D Many people are insanely judgemental and stuck on old ideas. But I like it, it's making me happier at the moment. I like the 10,000 hours stat.. how much time a gamer would game to 21 and how much time a student in school attends from grade 5 to 12, let me tell you that 5th to 12 grade thing really messed me up more than grand theft auto ever wished it could.

Right now in reality I'm watching a relatively large family around me, and it sort of picks out a real life reason why large scale collarboration is difficult and intimidating. These people meet for small outtings, dinners, what have you, as a whole family (30 people maybe?). Then they all retire to their resting places where they FEAST upon juicy gossip about what is wrong with that one, and how fat that one is, and that one didn't talk, and this one looked stoned, and that one has no job.. then sometimes even those small gossip groups break up into smaller groups in which they then talk about the people who were just in the slightly larger gossip group. All these evil, hurtful, judgemental comments. In a game you're immune to a large part of that since no one can see you to gossip about your fatness, nor do they know about your job statis, if you're on drugs, or whatever else.

It's really depressing me here, I'm sure I'm being gossiped about somewhere in the family for something I said or drank or heck even if I sat still in a chair watching tv for a time I probably got accused of being a bum or something. Not sure if all families are like this, but man I remember now why I don't really like to be around people beyond close friends and my wife/kids. I'm glad they don't know the amount of hours I've put into games over the years or I'd be topic #1 across half the family most likely. I am guilty of some of it too of course, no saint here (let me make it my april 19th resolution to stop it), I have to wonder if maybe my life has been twisted a bit by it all while growing up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Day, there's also the option that I like going for where gossip about me is concerned, and that's not giving a damn. :P