-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:56 am 

heh never played kid icarus, im intrigued by the trailer though. it looks like the 3ds is getting a ton of games nintendo fans wanted. Looks like the psp is completely screwed now (though i will still buy one the day parasite eve 3 comes out....if it ever comes out....:( ).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I hope there's an option to turn the 3d effects off. I see like 20/20 in one eye and 20/50 in the other so dunno if I'll see 3d or blur complete with massive headaches. Could always get my son one for his birthday and steal it for a trial ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:18 pm 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
Renzokukin wrote:
Looks like the psp is completely screwed now (though i will still buy one the day parasite eve 3 comes out....if it ever comes out....:( ).

I'm waiting to get a PSP for Birth By Sleep (Sept 7), but yeah omg <3 Third Birthday... can't wait for either.

In fact, all of E3 made me just not want to play FFXI ever again, lmao. XD

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 am 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Borne wrote:
Well, that sucks. Now I have to buy a 3DS. :lol: Pretty much have to get the Ocarina of Time remake as well. lol @ the Eggplant Wizard and Pit-as-eggplant part.

OOT and Starfox64!!!! Now if they could do the same for Majora's Mask and polish up that game's one glaring weak spot (lack of dungeons) then omg... /overload :lol:

Renzokukin wrote:
heh never played kid icarus, im intrigued by the trailer though. it looks like the 3ds is getting a ton of games nintendo fans wanted. Looks like the psp is completely screwed now (though i will still buy one the day parasite eve 3 comes out....if it ever comes out....:( ).

Kid Icarus was always one of those "love it or hate it" games, mainly because of the high difficulty. I've always loved the game's theme and aesthetics; between it, Metroid, Zelda, and Castlevania, it was enough to keep my imagination on fire as a kid. And totally feeling you on the Parasite Eve situation; I'm glad they decided to give the series another shot, but having to buy a system for one game... well, it wouldn't be the first time, lol. The original PE remains one of my all time favorite games to this day, easily easily top 3 for PS1.

I'm loving the artwork/designs for Kid Icarus:Uprising, especially Medusa's new look. :shock:

Image Image Image

Daymon wrote:
I hope there's an option to turn the 3d effects off. I see like 20/20 in one eye and 20/50 in the other so dunno if I'll see 3d or blur complete with massive headaches. Could always get my son one for his birthday and steal it for a trial ;)

LOL, good plan. And I believe they mentioned somewhere that you could indeed turn off the 3D effects for normal play... (found the specs; 3D switch is in bold)

System Specs

NINTENDO 3DS FEATURES:
Size (when closed):
Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight:
Approximately 8 ounces.
Look:
Final design is TBA.
Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras:
One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software:
TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.

Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.

Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Sound:
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.

Battery:
Lithium ion battery details TBA.

Languages:
TBA

Parental Controls:
Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.

Rumors: Game Installs and Achievements for Titles

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

Last edited by Alisah on Fri May 31, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:12 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
We were talking about hardest bosses in the shell and I decided to post one of mine.

For those of you that played Xenogears, the following fight is one that you aren't meant to win. In fact, I would lose this fight easily in a matter of seconds. When you do lose this fight, it isn't game over. The story just continues normally, so that was my reasoning.

In any case, this is probably the hardest fight in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

SRW Alpha 3 "Gong" event:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:07 pm 

http://psp.ign.com/articles/110/1102015p1.html

IGN wrote:
The 3rd Birthday was originally planned as an episodic cell phone game before Square Enix switched development to a self-contained PSP game. But PSP may just be the start for the Parasite Eve revival.

Responding to an interview with Famitsu, The 3rd Birthday development staff hinted that they hope to turn the game into a series. Producer Yoshinori Kitase (also producer of Final Fantasy XIII) said to the magazine, "We ask for your support so that this title can be the starting point for a new series."

Future entries may expand beyond portables and into full-blown console releases. Director Hajime Tabata (also director of Final Fantasy Agito XIII) said that the development team hopes to make a console entry if the PSP version is well received by fans.

Square Enix seems to be doing more than just "considering" when it comes to a console version, though. The PSP version actually has some test features that are designed for a possible console release.

One of the visual oddities you might have noticed in the 3rd Birthday artwork Square Enix has released thus far is that main character Aya Brea's clothing is tattered, like she just got out of a wrestling match with a tiger. This isn't character designer Tetsuya Nomura (yes, this game has an impressive staff list) trying to make a fashion statement (if that were the case, Aya would probably have lots of zippers). Nomura actually suggested to the development staff that if 3rd Birthday were brought to a home console, one interesting gameplay component might be to have Aya's clothes get torn up as a visual reflection of damage incurred during battle.

The staff decided to implement this system in the PSP title as a test. Aya's clothing works like equipment. From what we gather, you can equip her with different clothing. Some of the clothing is skimpier than others and will tear up more easily. For instance, if you make Aya go into battle in a sleeveless garment, the clothing will tear up faster and reveal more of Aya's skin.

This is great if seeing semi-nude PSP character models is your thing. But there are some disadvantages to having Aya reveal herself. As more of her body shows, she takes greater damage. If staying alive is your goal, you'll want to equip her with fuller, stronger clothing. It won't be as sexy, and it won't tear as quickly, but it will protect her.

If you've been keeping up with The 3rd Birthday, you'll have probably spotted something terribly wrong with this clothing system. One of the main components of The 3rd Birthday's gameplay a system called "Overdive." Overdive is a special power that is humanity's only hope for defeating the Twisted, strange creatures that invade Manhattan at the start of the game. Aya is the only person capable of using Overdive.

Using this skill, Aya sends out her consciousness to control the bodies of soldiers who have been placed around Manhattan. When you dive into a soldier's body, you take full control of the soldier and have access to its weapons. You're free to dive into the bodies of any soldier you see on the battle field, and can do so with no penalty or limit.

You'll need to use this system to strategically combat the Twisted, who are so powerful that they can pretty quickly take out single soldiers. One basic gameplay strategy is to have Aya dive into one soldier, draw a Twisted creature towards the soldier, then dive into a soldier behind the Twisted, allowing you to blast the creature from the back.

When you've dived into a soldier, the game swaps out the soldier's graphics with Aya, so it looks like you're controlling Aya at all times. However, this is just for convenience, said Tabata as he explained the system to Famitsu. Aya's body isn't actually there -- just her consciousness. Throughout the whole of the game, Aya's physical self remains inside C.T.I (that's Counter Twisted Intelligence) headquarters.

Which brings up the question... how exactly are her clothes being torn if she's not really on the battle field?

We're not really worried too much about this little peculiarity. In fact, we have a feeling we'll appreciate the tattered clothing if Aya's next outing should end up being on an HD console.

As suggested in the Famitsu interview, the chances of that are tied to The 3rd Birthday's success. We'll get a hint at that success when The 3rd Birthday hits Japan this Winter and the rest of the world hopefully not too far after that.

a real console sequel would be friggin amazing :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:29 am 
Maiden of many mules

Just finished playing the Point-And-Click Adventure game called The Whispered World. My favourite moment in the game is when you meet the 2 rock brothers XD

It was hard to find a video from the game with the 2 rock brothers :( The video stops fast as well, so you don't get to see all of the conversation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:29 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Can't forget the Samurai Showdown series. I would describe it as underrated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:38 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

DERP LIVES!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next