-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DH Limbus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:40 am 
The Eventress

Hey DH'ers

Just throwing around the Idea of putting together a Limbus Group to gather Ancient Beastcoins, Artifact Armor +1 Materials, and Omega/Ultima Popsets. It would be nice to get a group of regulars that came each time, but this would be entirely open to anyone in the linkshell with interest and access.

In preparation, I was just looking to get an idea of who currently has access to sea, and who is close (PM6-4 or Higher) that would be interested in doing 1-2 runs a week. If you are close to Sea access we can assist in powering you through before our start date so that you can join us.

It would more than likely be separated into 1 weeknight, and 1 weekend (I.E. Tuesday & Friday 7PM Gather, 7:30 Cutoff & Form Parties, 8PM Enter)

You may be interested in the incentives for doing this event, they are numerous, and fantastic. Here is a list, as well as a general idea of how distribution would be handled:

Reward Item Distribution

Ancient Beastcoins
These can be used along with the Artifact Armor +1 Materials to create Artifact +1 armor, or used as currency to trade with the NPC "Sagheera" in Port Jeuno for some fantastic items. These would be pooled during the run by the run leader, and split evenly at the end between all attending members.

More information on the Ancient Beastcoin items: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Sagheera

Artifact Armor +1 Materials
These drop randomly from enemies and certain chests within Limbus, they are job specific and you need two different items relating to your job in order to create a piece of Artifact +1 armor, one from Apollyon (Omega Limbus), and one from Temenos (Ultima Limbus). These would be lotted on a "pick two, win one" system, and by that I mean your /seacom would look something like this:

Katsuko (75 Samurai/37 Ninja)
1. Black Mage
2. Blue Mage

You would be able to lot on either material that drops, but as soon as you win one, you could no longer lot the other. This would be to ensure that everyone has a fair shot at attaining these items.

More info on Artifact Armor +1: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Categ ... Armor_%2B1

Ultima/Omega Chip Sets
These are attained from winning Limbus runs, you need to have a total of 3 chips to comprise a pop set that will allow you to enter a fight against Ultima or Omega. You get one chip per run, and the type of chip you get after defeating the boss is based on the run you choose, so doing the same run will always produce the same Chip at the end. These will be lotted and held by run leaders, and in the event that they held a pop set already, members with outstanding attendance would be asked to lot them. This is just to ensure that the member with the popset is present when we would like to use it.

More information on Chip sets: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Limbus

Homam/Nashira Armor Pieces
If we succeed in defeating Ultima or Omega, a chest will appear that will contain an assortment of body parts from the enemy you just defeated. Gross right? Well, luckily there is someone in Mhaura that wants these awfully bad, and is willing to trade you pieces of the amazing Homam and Nashira sets to take them off your hands!

We will be taking attendance on each run, and formulating a points system where you will "spend" attendance points in order to lot the body parts needed to attain the corresponding Homam/Nashira piece.

Having these points be expendable rather than pooling to number that indicates you "lotting rights" will help make it so folks who attend every single run will not be able to lot before anyone else, every time. Yes, by rights they will still accumulate more points faster and attain more treasure quicker, but this will allow even the person who attends a single run a week/month, to eventually attain some of those legendary pieces. Fair play for all as they say!

More information on the Homam set: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Homam_Corazza_Set
More information on the Nashira set: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nashira_Manteel_Set

Well anyway, this is the general thought so far, would love to hear feedback and comments about your interest! :D

Post subject: Re: DH Limbus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:07 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Nice format. It sounds like a lot of fun. Sea is just around the corner, and I'd definitely like to join up if DH did this.

I only have one question, though: What happened to HoF? You're not doing Limbus with them? Not to be nosy.

Edit: Nevermind. Read the thread in the Cafe.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
sure I'd be up for this as soon as I get access to it ^^;

Thf or Blu... might have cor up there by the time we get the ball rolling >.>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm 
The Eventress

What missions are you two on, and are you in any of the statics? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
c-team is on pm 6-4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
I think i'd be interested in this.....!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:52 pm 

tuesday/friday evenings would be perfect!

RDM onry!

Need nash pants ; ;

I'm your goto RDM, done all the areas and a few times, and I can make it every time if that's the schedule!

Last edited by Zyn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:37 pm 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
I'll throw my hat into the ring. /toss "Maat's Cap"

Best part about Limbus; it's a quick event. Get in, roll the place, get out.

Homam [Yes, please.]

Guess it's time to power a couple jobs to 75+merits. @_@

-Ali

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:43 pm 
Aidran's right hand man

IGNs: Reizon
I'm definitely interesting, question is what time during those days? Est on Fridays might clash with Assault static.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:13 pm 
Maiden of many mules

Good effort event, I am sure you can put together a party of people for this event. I would tag along, but I doubt your times would fit my too weak schedule :p lol