-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

READ THE POST FIRST: What should we do with the Proto-Ultima pops?
Attempt to defeat it ourselves. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Have CUKATA defeat it, and share the drops. 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Proto-Ultima Poll
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:01 am 
The Eventress

Well, we're getting close to 2 full Proto-Ultima pop sets now, and the members after Nashira have been waiting patiently for Ultima to show it's face.

I'd like to begin using our Ultima pop sets, but the big question right now is "How?". Ultima as a boss is MUCH harder than Omega. He has been known to leave even the strongest shells tasting the bitterness of 3 weeks lost progress fairly often. So this raises a question.

In the past there has been talk of having a linkshell merc this fight for us and splitting the drops. Zyn has taken the liberty of speaking with CUKATA, a well renouned end game shell on our server, and they agreed to merc this fight for us under the terms that we would pick one drop per run and the rest would go to them. Not a bad trade considering they'd be doing all the work, and giving up a chip run of thier own in order to fight this for us.

One benefit in doing it this way, is that only the chip holder and the persons lotting would have to attend, leaving the remainder of the group free to continue on a chip run of our own that night.

With that being said, if you're interested in any of the Nashira armor, please post here within the next week or so, with the specific pieces you're interested in, so that we can get an Idea of the type of demand we're looking at for Nashira.

Secondly, if you are indeed after Nashira, please vote on the poll at the top of the thread. We'll discuss the results on a Limbus run in the next few weeks.

EDIT: I'm personally interested in Nashira Manteel & Nashira Crackows

Post subject: Re: Proto-Ultima Poll
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:45 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Katsuko wrote:
With that being said, if you're interested in any of the Nashira armor, please post here within the next week or so, with the specific pieces you're interested in, so that we can get an Idea of the type of demand we're looking at for Nashira.

^ This. My answer to the poll really depends on how much of a demand there is for Nashira. I know Zyn wants some Nashira love, and if it's just him I'm ok with the Mercing. But if there's a high demand in shell my opinion might change.

Anyways, looking over the Nashira set, the only useful purpose I see for it on my BLM is adding to my Dark Magic Macro Set for drains/aspirs. Please enlighten me if there's really any other use that I'm being a retard about and not seeing.

That being said, the only two pieces I believe I need would be

Nashira Manteel
Nashira Crackows

And I'm totally cool with letting others (zyn) getting their pieces first, very low on my priority list, luxury pieces if nothing else.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 pm 

Here are my thoughts.

I don't underestimate what we can do as a shell.

But.

Ultima needs a full alliance, there's really no dancing around the subject. We've been running with about 12 people, give or take, so unless we're going to see a large and immediate jump in regularly attending members, I don't see how we can realistically plan on doing this alone. And even at that, we're pretty much guaranteed to wipe at least the first time, just because many (most?) of our members have never fought him, and a botched Citadel Buster can seal the fate for the run.

CUKATA is making a pretty generous offer IMO. They do all the footwork and we get first pick at a drop. It's half the drops we'd get normally, but it's far more than getting none at all. So rather than chips building up in our inventory, why not use them? down the road if we pick up more members, we can always give it a shot ourselves.

I'm after Nashira Seraweels and that's pretty much it.
If we only have a few people seriously interested in drops, it's going to be faster to take 1 per run than wait until we get enough members to get 2 per run (if ever).

If I can pick up those, and other people can get what they feel they need I'd be all for taking a pop set and 300'ing him ourselves, but, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, we're going to get slaughtered by him.

Clearly, it was my idea to go to CUAKTA for this, so that's what I prefer, but if anyone else has some ideas that we haven't thought of, I'd like to hear those too.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:08 pm 
The Eventress

Thanks Zyn, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I do agree that the fact that we have first choice from the drops is fantastic. Most linkshells require you to call a drop prior to the battle, and if it doesnt drop, tough luck.

I know we've checked a few times durring Limbus runs as to who was interested in Nashira, and I think for the most part it was around 3-4 people interested in 1-2 pieces each at the most, that may have changed between then and now though.

Anyway, keep those posts rolling in guys. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:24 pm 

Kiler is the only other person that comes to mind right now who said he wanted something. Probably Hands for SMN (-1 perp OMNOMNOM)

edit: I know it's not in the spirit of the poll, but I'm curious as to who's voted for what, and if you've got any thoughts on the subject.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:51 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I'm reserving my vote for now.

Ideally, I really would like to be able to kill Proto-Ultima as a linkshell; I've been looking into a MDB/HP build, and trying to hammer out a decent CB set within reason (lolKirin's Osode). I'm still having difficulty accepting that Proto-Ultima is out of our reach, but since everyone seems convinced it'd just be a waste of chips, then I see little sense in going against the majority (especially those who have experience with the fight). Besides, since such a small majority have even expressed interest in Nashira, it does seem unfair to try and kill Proto-Ultima ourselves (and presumably fail).

Yep.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:32 pm 
The Eventress

The poll has been reinstated. Please re-vote.

Please read the initial post before voting if you haven't.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:07 pm 
The Eventress

I see 5 votes, yet only 3 people have replied as to what they are interested in..

Please let me know so we can make a decision.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:00 pm 

sure ok, i don't mind cukata killing it for us. as long as they pay for their own soap ;p
looks like a win/win to me, and like you say we could do a dif limbus while they are doing us a favor.
sure beats having to keep our inven slots filled with pops that we couldn't do ourselves.
that also means we could do more Temenos^^
i still need AF+1 gears, so i still wouldn't mind just spamming certain temenos, so that ppl that do need a certain drop actually has a chance to get it. AF+1 is a bit more important to me than ultima.
just my thoughts.
all I'd really want is the hands from ultima