-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:17 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

:!: ZNMs every Monday night at 8PM EST! Updated!
See second post for more information!

:arrow: Purchase your pops before Monday!
Maintenance sets all ZNM triggers to maximum values; expected maintenance is regularly held every Thursday and Monday, though emergency maintenance can happen on any day.

FFXIclopedia's Summary of ZNM wrote:
Zeni Notorious Monster (ZNM) events are spawned by trading a pop item to ??? around Vana'diel. The pop items are obtained from Sanraku at (E-8) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate in exchange for Zeni. When spawned, the pop item will disappear and the monster can be fought like any other mob in Vana'diel. A full alliance of 18 can engage these ZNMs only using one pop item. This is a normal monster battle, not a battlefield instance. After a maintenance, the number of Zeni for a NM pop item is set to max; however, it can go higher than the max listed. Price seems to vary based on seals you have currently and supply and demand on pop items Verification Needed

After defeating a ZNM a trophy is dropped and you can take it back to Sanraku where he will in turn give you a colored seal key item. These are temporary key items and once you purchase a pop item from Sanraku for a higher tier ZNM the lower tier seal is lost. For example: If you kill Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon in Tier 1 you will get a Maroon Seal; now you want to kill Iriz Ima in Tier 2. As soon as you purchase the pop item for Iriz Ima your Maroon seal will be lost. What this means is you will need to repeat those ZNMs if you wish to do more than one of the higher ZNMs within the same branch. So collect that zeni.

Here's the ZNM Flowchart. Scrolling down to the "By Tier" section will present the monsters of that particular tier (along with the associated Zeni cost), as well as their drops, zone/family, trophy item, seal rewarded, and the ZNM they will unlock.

___

:!: Regarding Zeni Farming
This chart that provides an accurate estimate of how much time and gil you will invest per ZNM tier, as well as offering a few tips in order to maximize your Zeni-per-plate.

Spoiler! :
FFXIclopedia wrote:
Zeni is Currency to be used in conjunction with the NPC's Ryo and Sanraku. They are used to gain access to Zeni Notorious Monsters.

* Zeni is obtained by trading in Soul Plates. The amount of Zeni obtained depends on varying conditions:
    o Sanraku's interest in the type of monster a Soul Plate was obtained from.
    o Whether or not the Soul Plate was taken from a Regular Monster or a Notorious Monster from Sanraku's Recommended Fauna, such as Salvage, Assault, ISNM and Nyzul Isle.
    o The state of the Monster a Soul Plate is taken from, such as level, current Hit Points, claimed by the player taking the Picture, etc.
    o A Soul Plate from a high level monster of Sanraku's particular interest at low HP will typically give 75-77 Zeni.
    o A Soul Plate from a L50ish monster of his particular interest at low HP will give not much less, about 70 Zeni.
    o NOTE:
      + It is speculated that Sanraku has a quota that can be reached from all players on the server. Once he receives this number of plates, he loses interest.
      + Ryo, Sanraku's Assistant, gives information on the current Subject of Interest and Recommended Fauna.
      + Ryo will also tell you the amount of Zeni a Soul Plate you trade to him is worth.

* Zeni is spent to purchase Rare/Ex items used to immediately spawn various Notorious Monsters throughout the Aht Urhgan area.
    o To obtain such a trigger item, talk to Sanraku and chose to obtain information on Rare Fauna.
    o He will give you a list of available Zeni Notorious Monsters. More Options are available when trading the 100% drop Rare/Ex items from previous encounters to Sanraku for a single higher-tier selection.

_____

Just in case anyone was curious about how involved this can get, the calculations posted below are a guide. Please note that posted zeni prices for pops are APPROXIMATE as they can be higher depending on demand. Also note the following:

* Costs were calculated using the Soultrapper 2000 (HQ camera) as the camera of choice.
    * These same costs for farming zeni to buy pop items for each tier use a conservative valuation where Sanraku is only giving 65 Zeni per pic.
    * 1k Imperial Standing = Imperial Gold Piece = rough market value of ~9k gil = 200 Jetton.
    * Time Costs were calculated on the basis that you can only trade 10 pics per/ hr.
    * Most importantly, understand that your own experiences may vary slightly so only use the info posted here as a guideline.

_____

* Tier I - approx 1K Zeni
    o 65 per pic = 15 plates | 75 per pic = 13 plates | 85 per pic = 12 plates
    o COST
      + REQUIRED: ~504 Jetton Needed: 1 HQ Cameras (500 Jetton per) + ~1-2 stacks of film (2 Jetton per)
      + ACTUAL: 600 Jetton: 3k Imperial Standing (IS) = Imperial Gold Piece (IGP) x 3 = ~27k gil (where 1 IGP = ~9k)
      + TIME: 2hrs

* Tier II - approx 2k Zeni
    o 65 per pic = 31 plates | 75 per pic = 27 plates | 85 per pic = 24 plates
    o COST
      + REQUIRED: ~504 Jetton Needed: 1 HQ Cameras (500 Jetton per) + ~1-2 stacks of film (2 Jetton per)
      + ACTUAL: 600 Jetton: 3k Imperial Standing (IS) = Imperial Gold Piece (IGP) x 3 = ~27k gil (where 1 IGP = ~9k)
      + TIME: 2- 3hrs

* Tier III - approx 3k Zeni
    o 65 per pic = 46 plates | 75 per pic = 40 plates | 85 per pic = 35 plates
    o COST
      + REQUIRED: ~508 Jetton Needed: 1 HQ Cameras (500 Jetton per) + ~3-4 stacks of film (2 Jetton per)
      + TIME: 4- 5hrs

* Tier IV - approx 4k Zeni
    o 65 per pic = 62 plates | 75 per pic = 53 plates | 85 per pic = 47 plates
    o COST
      + REQUIRED: ~1012 Jetton Needed: 2 HQ Cameras (500 Jetton per) + ~4-6 stacks of film (2 Jetton per)
      + ACTUAL: 1200 Jetton: 6k Imperial Standing (IS) = Imperial Gold Piece (IGP) x 6 = ~54k gil (where 1 IGP = ~9k)
      + TIME: 4- 7hrs

source: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Zeni

:arrow: Jetton Accumulation
This is a small write-up related to Jetton accumulation. There's a chart that provides a Jetton:IS ratio and some basic tips for accumulating Jettons through Pankration.

Spoiler! :
FFXIclopedia wrote:
Jettons is the currency used for Pankration and related items.

Players can hold a maximum of 100,000,000 Jettons. They are used to buy Soultrappers, Soul Plates, other items useful in capturing images, and to pay various Pankration fees for services such as forging a Soul Reflector.

source: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Jetton

Following the link will show you a small chart that shows the Imperial Standing (IS) cost per Jetton. The most cost-effective method is by trading Imperial Gold Pieces, but for those who don't have the IS to spare, Pankration is another way to earn Jettons that requires little investment other than time.

By obtaining a Soul Reflector, you can set your pet up against other pit monsters. The "Diabolo" Battlecage matches your monster against the current reigning champion. Even by losing the match, you will earn 100 Jettons/EXP guaranteed. Winning EXP has a cap of 200 (2000 when in the Diabolo Battlecage) and a minimum of 5; losing EXP has a max of 100 and a minimum of 5. The number of Jettons rewarded is always equal to EXP gained, but Jettons do not appear to have a cap of 2000. Keep in mind you can only register your monster for a fight about once every 3 minutes or so, though it's still a decent alternative for those who wish to keep their IS for better uses.

Here's a chart EXP gained per winning/losing condition as part of a guide to Pankration.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 am 

We are still gathering at 8PM EST at Sanraku, but please try to be online by that time; if you might be late, consider logging out in Whitegate the night before. Since we are now shouting for members, we're going to try to start as soon as possible with the intention of squeezing in more pops with more people in less time. If I have an idea of who will be showing up, then I'll know what jobs and how many people to shout for. We are on a very tight schedule, so popping three or more ZNMs is our goal.

If you're not online by 8PM EST, I will begin shouting for the missing roles; normally, most of you are punctual, and DH members will always have a spot in the alliance, but that might mean more competition on armor that you may be lotting on, so please be online by 8PM EST. If you cannot make it online by that time but still plan to attend ZNMs, please leave me an in-game message or PM on the forums so I can save you a spot (valid only until 8:15PM). We are planning for the alliance to be ready by 8:20PM or sooner.

Basically, here's the rundown:
    ■ Be punctual! Please be online by 8PM EST on the dot! Log out in Whitegate the night before if you have to; start preparing for ZNMs 15 minutes earlier than you normally do.
    ■ If you may be late, please drop me a message as soon as you can; I will not shout for one of your jobs/roles in the alliance if you tell me you will be online by 8:15PM. Unfortunately, even if you notify me, I will have to shout for your job/role if you're not online by 8:15PM. Private Messages (here or on FFXI) are preferred.
      • I will start shouting for members around 8PM EST, so if you have not indicated to me that you will be late (8:15PM at the latest), I may be shouting for one of your jobs. Even if you are a regular ZNM attendee, if you are not online by 8PM EST and have not notified me that you will be late, I will count you as absent for the remainder of the night and will try to find someone to fill that empty seat.
    ■ DH members, even those who are late (with or without prior notification), will always have a place in the alliance!

This new rule isn't to pressure anyone into attending, and I will try to make exceptions where I can (due to jobs, prior commitments, etc.); it's unfortunate, but ZNMs is a very time-intensive event, and we have to start as soon as we can. There is no penalty for tardiness other than the possibility that you may have competition on an item you are lotting on.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:06 pm 

ZNMs are canceled for an indefinite amount of time as of November 16th, 2009 due to a lack of interest.