-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:59 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Wiki wrote:

* When the Double Attack job ability activates when using this weapon, the multi-hit will not work during that extra hit.
* Multi-hit does stack with the Jump and High Jump abilities of DRG, making SAM/DRG a viable choice for many activities. Soloing a light skillchain is made much easier with this combination.

=============================================

Unstable Cluster

THIS IS NOT A BCNM, IT IS A SPAWNED MONSTER. REQUIRES POP ITEM & RIVERNE - SITE #B01 ACCESS. CAP 50.

Riverne - Site #B01

* Spawned by trading a Clustered Tar to the ??? in the back of the cave at (J-9).

* The entrance to the cave is located at the southeast corner of (I-9).
* The ??? respawns 15 minutes after the Unstable Cluster is defeated.

* Estimated to have around 10,000 Hit Points.
* Has a natural Blaze Spikes effect.
* Attacks multiple times each round - the number of attacks are equal to the amount of bombs remaining in the Cluster.
* Susceptible to Slow, but resistant to Paralyze and Blind.
* Somewhat resistant to Sleep effects.

* Sleep and Sleep II will work, but not reliably. Elemental Seal → Sleep works reliably, however.
* Light Shot's sleep effect works fairly reliably.

* Susceptible to Stun, but somewhat resistant to the stun effect of Head Butt and that of Weapon Skills such as Flat Blade.
* Uses normal Cluster special attacks.

* Refueling can be dispelled.
* Starts using Self-Destruct at 55% health. Some form of Stun is recommended to prevent this.

* Can be defeated by a specialized group of 6 characters capped at level 50 (a Paladin tank, melee with Ninja subjobs, and a form of Stun), or a group of well-equipped Summoners using Carbuncle and meds.

Original Link: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Unstable_Cluster

KATSUKO & KILER said they would come on their Black Mages. AIDRAN may have a friend that needs it that may or may not come. DUDE may or may not come due to PC issues.

Kat says that the clusters that drop tar are also around the area. Keep in mind that the area is capped 50. In order to access this area you need to be on PM 4-2 Ouryu fight or above.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:03 am 
Melee WHM master

IGNs: Main - Dude
Mules - Deathfromabove, Pieisawsome, Dudette, Minidude, Dudewheresmycar, and Dudesmule
in if im back online by then can come whm blm nin or pld

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

My apologies; one of my friends doesn't need a Soboro. I leveled with his Samurai a little while ago, but it was just a subjob. My other friend does need one, but he's having some account problems at the moment (can't remember his password, amongst other things), so he may or may not be back online by Thursday. He doesn't have a pop item, but apparently it's not too hard to get, so--yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Do we have a thief coming? I hear it affects drop rate greatly. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Derzerb wrote:
Do we have a thief coming? I hear it affects drop rate greatly. ;)

I have Ninja, Thief, Dragoon, and Red Mage available. All four have some gear for a 50-cap, so it'd take just a few minutes to gear them up (RDM gear is on a mule though, which I'll need a notice for).

My friend got his account back up and running; he has Paladin and Warrior available, for what it's worth. I don't know if he'll be able to make it Thursday, but I'll edit this post once I get a definitive answer from him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:08 am 
The Eventress

Worst case scenario if we can have someone come /thf, but yea, if someone could come THF main, that's be great.

Also, if anyone other than Aid's friend has PLD50+ please let us know. We'll probably need 2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

I guess Ninja tanks would make it hard for you to let loose on BLM?

Drevian has a level 50 PLD but said he was going BLM. If both Katsuko and Kiler are BLM do we need more, or should we have Drevian go as PLD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:51 pm 
The Eventress

At this point though I would say for him to come Black Mage, having stunners is the most crucial piece to this fight and they are generally more difficult to find than tanks.

Just as a sort of guideline, if we could have the ideal setup, it would look something to this.

3-4 Stunners (BLM or DRK. Head Butt is unreliable on this NM.)
1-2 Dedicated Healers/Barfira Casters (WHM, RDM, SCH. Barfira should always be on)
1-2 Dispellers (RDM or BLU. Dispel Refueling as soon as it's used in order to slow its TP gain)
1-2 Tanks - (PLD are preferred tanks due to stun pulling tons of hate, however exceptional NIN tanks can also work)
1-2 THF - Stick one in each DD party.
The remainder would be DD and Support.

This fight is all about controlling it's TP attacks. Stunning at the right times and keeping TP feed to a minimum can make this fight very easy. One very fast way to die (I've seen it first hand) would be to have people using multi-hit spells and weapon skills, and/or having the majority of your DD come as dual wielders. Either of these scenarios just feed it tons of TP.

That being said, people should be encouraged to bring their 2-Handed "Heavy" DD jobs if available (SAM, DRK, DRG, WAR w/ Great Axe). Dual Wielding jobs while not completely shunned, are generally avoided where possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:00 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Katsuko wrote:
Dual Wielding jobs while not completely shunned, are generally avoided where possible.

So I guess I'm bringing my staff monk? :?
Nice write-up Kat, very informative and stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 pm 
The Eventress

Haha... "Derzerb uses Hundred Staffs"

Seriously though, I honestly wouldn't classify MNK as a dual wielder in this scenario due to the amount of dmg being done per hit vs. the amount of TP being fed.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come off the wrong way there; I'm not trying to alienate people from coming to this even just because they're a dual wielder. I only meant it as if you had a 2-Hander available, it'd be better to come as that.

One important thing I did forget to mention however is that all DDs should come as /NIN where available, even if they are 2-Handers, as all but 1 of its attacks can absorbed by Utsusemi.