-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:28 pm 
The Eventress

Orgainsing a thread for the Final ACP BCNM Battle.

This one is supposedly extremely difficult, I'll do my reasearch and post some strategy notes later.

Here are the battle details:

Quote:
*Similar to Alexander, the Seed Crystal remains stationary in the center of the BC. However, it seemingly has no front or back, making it impossible to Sneak Attack.

*All offensive normal and special attacks deal AoE magic damage to targets around the Seed Crystal. Shadows from Utsusemi seemed pointless since the AoE attacks ignored them. If possible, a tank in Magic Def+ equipment would be an excellent choice.

*The "Seed Thrall" (Doppelgangers) spawned by the Seed Crystal have extremely low HP; it is recommended to take them out immediately.

*Casts various tier 3 elemental -ga spells. It seems to have tendency to cast the AoE elemental spells immediately after using "Seed Thrall" to produce a clone, so prepare your stuns when it does this.

*"Seed of Judgment" is not a 2-hour ability; it can be used multiple times throughout the battle, more often towards the end.

*It is possible to avoid "Seed of Judgment" by standing against the door behind the entrance. It has a maximum distance of 16 yalms. An alternative is to have all mages and damage dealers stand in the corners at the back of the BC.

*Physical Defense is rather high. A well geared MNK75 was hitting the Seed Crystal for roughly 20-50 Damage per fist. In return, the Seed Crystal was hitting the same Monk for roughly 100-150 Damage per hit. The SMN used Predator Claws and did roughly 630 Damage, so having a SMN in your group might be a good idea.

*The Seed Crystal has very low evasion. Suggested that BRDs and CORs use buffs to give something other than Accuracy, and for DDs to use Atk/R.Atk food instead of Acc/R.Acc food.

*Magical Defense seems high. A BLM75 with a few HQ gears landed 3 Blizzard III's for roughly 170 Damage each. A BLM can take out the clones easily enough.

*Resistant to many enfeebling spells, like Slow and Silence, but is susceptible to Stun most of the time (can be resisted). However, it is resistant to Head Butt's stun effect.

*One strategy confirmed to work is to have a Paladin tank constantly run to the side of the room while keeping hate, while ranged damage dealers (Summoners, Rangers, and Corsairs are excellent choices) hit the boss from on top of the ramp. This ensures no one gets charmed and the tank keeps hate throughout the fight.

*Another possible strategy is to Zerg with several heavy DDs and a RDM/DRK to Chainspell+Stun the Crystal. If you wipe, no point in trying again as it is already back to 100% by the time you're ready to try again.

*In the event of a wipe, you can reraise and recover without being booted from the BC so long as you wipe out of aggro range far enough from the Seed Crystal. Usually, on top of the ramp works best. Be warned, however, that the crystal usually regenerates its HP up to 100% within a minute of a wipe. Depending on your strategy, party setup, and time remaining, it may be best to leave the BC and collect another Omnis Stone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:18 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
I've done this fight(even tho i dont have acp yet) lol was helpin out friends finish it, and it's not melee friendly :/ seems to only use its AoE charm move when people are close range meleeing it. The strategys above seem to be the better methods zerg if you have the setup, and ranged damage the method our group won with took us 25mins mages were gettin low on mp near the end but still managed, 1/2 on it our first attempt was melee method and that didn't turn out well. our setup was pld/drk -tank/backupstunner
rdm/drk -mainstun
whm/sch -healer
sam/war -doppleganger killer
nin/rng -ranged dd/backup dopplekiller
sam/rng - ranged dd

stun cycle was pretty easy to keep up, the pld tho did get some resists but rdm was able to stun in time only 1 -aga went off the entire fight pld was midcast cure and rdm was out of mp.

I can offer my sam/rng if needed, I used about 1 and 1/2 stacks of demon arrows for the fight just incase someone was wondering. I also frapsed it of someone wants to see it and study or something its a sped up vid tho 25mins to 10min fer youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxL_oUtmJ1I
not gonna embed incase people don't want to see t3h spoilarz...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:33 am 
The Eventress

Thanks Den! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 am 
The Eventress

Jobs permitting, I would love to use a strategy like this, or at least a variation of it.

Quote:
SAM/WAR SAM/WAR MNK/WAR MNK/WAR SCH/BLM RDM/DRK.

All melee had Icarus Wing, SAM's Meditated to 300% at start of fight, MNK's used Opo+Sleep Potion combos till at 300%. SAM then waited until Meditate was ready again as it might be needed later.

SCH buffed us with Pro/Shell IV, Stoneskin and Phalanx.

Melee all Zerked and Warcry'ed, MNK's started with Hundred Fists, SAM started with Sekkanokki WS>WS, Meikyo Shisui WS>WS>WS, then we ate another Icarus Wing and WS'ed again, RDM/DRK kept the crystal stunned via Chainspell while these were applied halting Seed of Judgement about 3 times and he had no chance to spawn any Thralls or charm anyone.

After all this he was down to about 10-15% HP, we chipped away at it a bit more with melee attacks and at 5% Seed Crystal attempted Judgement again, this is when that extra Meditate came in handy, i popped it while we were meleeing it down to 5%, i hit a Tachi: Gekko for 765 to finish it off.

In all a relatively easy fight, but there was much preperation involved with this kind of setup. Needed Opo Necklaces, Sleep potions, Hi-Potions (not many were used) and some form of attack food (Most of us used Red Curry, some used Sole Suhi for accuracy).

We went 1/2 as first round we didn't have any Icarus wings and wiped at 5% due to too many Thralls being spawned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 am 
The Eventress

Okay guys, here is what we'll run with, it seems to fit our jobs better.

Take a look at this video first, then read on. Spoilers about the final battle of course, but no CS.

We'll try to emulate this video by doing our best to match each job with the jobs that we have. The jobs in the video are on the left, and the jobs that we'll be filling that slot with are on the right.

The BLU - Kat BLU/WAR - Helps kill Seed Crystal with Cannonball. Defender, Cocoon, Protect 5, Taco etc. Also helps kill Seed Thralls.
The NIN - Gamp THF/NN - Main and only duty is to pull Seed Thralls immediately and take care of them until more help can pile on.
The MNK/WAR - Hopefully Derz doesn't mind coming down to fill this spot, otherwise we can get a pick up MNK.
The RDM/DRK - Aid NIN/DRK - Helps kill Seed Thralls to free up BLU to Cannonball more often, but first priority is stunning GA spells. GA spells are once every 60 seconds, so stun timer will not be a problem.
The RDM/WHM #1 - Kiler WHM/SCH - Better Magic def for everyone, no refresh needed w/ sublimation. T5 cures will help in "ohshit" times.
The RDM/WHM #2 - Den RDM/WHM - Supporting WHM on healing the MNK, refresh on BLU and NIN. WHM and RDM may be able to work in "shifts" to ensure mp lasts.

Feel free to watch the vid again, paying special attention to the slot that you'd be filling.

Let me know what you think!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:10 pm 

IGNs: Gampishi
I was about to post that video up. We have a much better chance at this style i think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:09 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I may or may not be late tomorrow--30 minutes max, if that. I already logged out in the Stellar Fulcrum as NIN/DRK with food, tools, and a fresh signet ready. I have some remedies and echo drops; I read up on the fight, and it doesn't seem like it requires any medicines at all, but if I overlooked something, buy me a stack of whatever and I'll pay for it up there.

See you guys tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 am 
The Eventress

Hola, just a few strategy notes for tonight. I'm trying to think of everything possible to try and help us go 1/1, so here is some thoughts on Food and Medication Selection:

I'm going to pick Derz up a Hedgehog Pie if he's coming tonight, to help with Max HP for survivability of Seed Attacks, and a large boost of ATK!

I'll be eating Tavnazian Tacos to boost Cannonball Damage. (STR, VIT, and DEF modifiers)

Aid and Gamp would benefit from something attack based since Seed Thralls are fairly weak, something like Coeurl Subs would work well. I'll also be picking up a stack of Mulsum juice for Aid, just incase he's a few mp short of an upcoming stun.

Kiler and Den would be better off using Ginger Cookies for when they rotate resting, focusing more on Medicinces. Vile Elixir, Elixir and Hi-Elixir are all great options here. Please bring at least one of these, though two would be helpful. I will also be bringing two of these as BLU.

Food Stats:

Hedgehog Pie: HP+55 STR+6 VIT+2 INT-3 MND+3 HMP+2 ACC+5 ATK+18% (Cap 90) RATK+18% (Cap 90)
Tavnazian Taco: HP+20, MP+20, DEX+4, VIT+6, AGI+4, CHR+4, HHP+1, HMP+1, DEF+25% (Cap 150)
Coeurl Sub: MP+10, STR+5, AGI+1, INT-2, HHP+1, Resist Stun, Resist Sleep, ATK+20% (Cap 75), RATK+20% (Cap 75)
Mulsum: Instantly Restores 10 MP (Can Spam them, No delay after use like other medications)
Ginger Cookie: HMP+5, Resist Slow, Plantoid Killer
Vile Elixir: Restores 25% HP, Restores 25% MP, Takes 1 second to use.
Elixir: Instantly Restores HP +25%, Instantly Restores MP +25%, Takes 10 seconds to use.
Hi-Elixir: Instantly Restores HP +50%, Instantly Restores MP +50%, Takes 10 seconds to use.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 am 
The Eventress

Just wanted to make a few strategy notes for When it comes to gear for tonight:

Derz or MNK: Try to wear as much Max HP gear as possiblle without sacrificing DoT too terribly. The Idea is to boost your HP as high as possible, while still being able to punch away with as much force as possible. It may not be a good idea to swap the HP gear you put in your melee set out for when you ws for this fight, as it would take additional healing to get you back up to peak HP after each ws.

Kat: Standard Melee set to help with Seed Thralls when they become overwhelming, Cannonball set to deal ranged damage on the Seed Crystal, HMP set for low mp.

Gamp: Standard Melee set for killing Seed Thralls, and any evasion items you have for when taking on multiple Seed Thralls, until help can jump on.

Aid: Standard Melee set for killing Seed Thralls, HMP set for low mp.

Kiler and Den: I know, obvious, but Light Staff + MND set for cures, HMP set for resting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Writing this to interrupt that wall of blue with some pink ^^

Don't usually swap gear for WS so we are in luck.