-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nyzul Isle Team
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Just going to toss out a few general tips, mostly directed to the dragoons who will be healing:

• Buy one health boost, drink it, then buy another one. I would highly recommend everyone taking this step every run (except maybe Derzerb, you monster); it's a huge help to your dragoon healers and also functions as a timer. Same thing for the mana boost (sanction refresh is enough for dragoons), Maiyuu.
    • Hold all buffs until you leave the starting room. Protectra and Shellra kick people out of the chest menu.
    • (**IMPORTANT**) Dragoons who will be healing: Put one merit point in Empathy! Don't buff yourself so that all you have is Sanction (food and RR don't matter). Drink a health boost and use Spirit Link (even though your wyvern is at full health) to copy and apply it to your Wyvern. The higher HB threshold and massively boosted HBs will be a huge help. You can do it again in 15 minutes (after your drink wears off) but you will need to remove everything short of RR, food, and your new HB drink; Empathy's transfer is randomly chosen from compatible buffs.
    • To everyone, keep at least one stack of echo drops (if necessary), eye drops, remedies, antidotes, etc. There are times when you have to remove a debuff yourself.

Something important I haven't considered... Do you guys have Saurian Helms or Wyrm Armets? Honestly, I don't know if it's doable without them, never attempted. Saurian Helm has a 57.75% bonus (which means an extra 100 hp minimum with a fresh wyvern, and more as it gains more hp). Additionally, do you guys have any wyvern hp equipment, aside from a wyvern perch?

Whatever the case, an Empathy'd Body Boost should help minimize the issue. It's imperative that everyone else gets one, too.

Daymon wrote:
How does drg/whm work? drg/rdm give the same healing power?

I'm assuming amone doesnt have /whm, /rdm, or /sch? Could have deed drg/rdm for melee + healing power?

Also do shadows work? If so I'd be better of bst/nin than /whm as the amount of heals I get with whm sub is far less than the amount of hp I would save as /nin.

thoughts?>

Yar, any mage sub (except summoner) works for dragoon. /whm always felt like the best sub for drg because of -na spells, Erase, and another person to help raise in a pinch (though you should all have reraise, ALL OF YOU!); /rdm or /blu lets you heal on white magic restriction floor, but those are as rare as a Rabbit Charm dropping. If you can't sub any mage, then just go /sam. /dnc is just a bad sub for drg.

Day, I'd probably recommend whatever does the most damage. I'd bet the farm on /nin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:49 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Quote:
altered date

Thanks Derpy. THAT looks like a time I'll be able to join in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:39 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Aidran wrote:
Just going to toss out a few general tips, mostly directed to the dragoons who will be healing:

• Buy one health boost, drink it, then buy another one. I would highly recommend everyone taking this step every run (except maybe Derzerb, you monster); it's a huge help to your dragoon healers and also functions as a timer. Same thing for the mana boost (sanction refresh is enough for dragoons), Maiyuu.
    • Hold all buffs until you leave the starting room. Protectra and Shellra kick people out of the chest menu.
    • (**IMPORTANT**) Dragoons who will be healing: Put one merit point in Empathy! Don't buff yourself so that all you have is Sanction (food and RR don't matter). Drink a health boost and use Spirit Link (even though your wyvern is at full health) to copy and apply it to your Wyvern. The higher HB threshold and massively boosted HBs will be a huge help. You can do it again in 15 minutes (after your drink wears off) but you will need to remove everything short of RR, food, and your new HB drink; Empathy's transfer is randomly chosen from compatible buffs.
    • To everyone, keep at least one stack of echo drops (if necessary), eye drops, remedies, antidotes, etc. There are times when you have to remove a debuff yourself.

Something important I haven't considered... Do you guys have Saurian Helms or Wyrm Armets? Honestly, I don't know if it's doable without them, never attempted. Saurian Helm has a 57.75% bonus (which means an extra 100 hp minimum with a fresh wyvern, and more as it gains more hp). Additionally, do you guys have any wyvern hp equipment, aside from a wyvern perch?

Whatever the case, an Empathy'd Body Boost should help minimize the issue. It's imperative that everyone else gets one, too.

Daymon wrote:
How does drg/whm work? drg/rdm give the same healing power?

I'm assuming amone doesnt have /whm, /rdm, or /sch? Could have deed drg/rdm for melee + healing power?

Also do shadows work? If so I'd be better of bst/nin than /whm as the amount of heals I get with whm sub is far less than the amount of hp I would save as /nin.

thoughts?>

Yar, any mage sub (except summoner) works for dragoon. /whm always felt like the best sub for drg because of -na spells, Erase, and another person to help raise in a pinch (though you should all have reraise, ALL OF YOU!); /rdm or /blu lets you heal on white magic restriction floor, but those are as rare as a Rabbit Charm dropping. If you can't sub any mage, then just go /sam. /dnc is just a bad sub for drg.

Day, I'd probably recommend whatever does the most damage. I'd bet the farm on /nin.

This post is very drg biased. Where is the monk help?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:42 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Derzerb wrote:
This post is very drg biased. Where is the monk help?

My only advice to your teammates is to not offer to open light for his Dragon Kick.

HE GET MAD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 pm 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
There's some crap floors with kill all with some Mothras, Dahaks, and squid faces but that doesn't show up too much on the early floors...

Think Derz will take care of some explaining before you guys go in Wednesday but, for lamp floors have ONE person call the time or order of the lamps or your friend list can shrink some. Always good to check the first lamp you come across to see what kind of floor it is, and if it's not a registry one keep on going to look for the rest of the lamps. Some of them will need help clearing the mobs around it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
everybody ready for this??!

Been awhile since we've done anything, I might of forgot how to play after looking at what occurred when I 'helped' Derz the other day, pld/dncs really can die to dc/em :lol:

There arent any quests/prerequisites to start this right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
I don't recall. hmmm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Just the staging point, methinks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:16 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I think I might need assault access (never done one), which checking the mission I'm on ( ToAUM-03: President Salaheem ) I just have to:

* Naja Salaheem will have informed you that you need to get over to the Assault Commisions Agency.
* Talk to Rytaal at the Commission Agency (K-10).
o This will also give you access to Assault.

I was never of a level to do anything in whitegate back when it was a popular mission spot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:31 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Git 'er dun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next