-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nyzul Isle Team
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
I'll post more later, only got a second, but just want to say I think we should continue this. Just need practice and--

things to consider:
lv 80 makes it all easier
lv80 blm/rdm with convert, crazy on a taru
lv 76bst/dnc with aoe-healing rabbit pet (we could have 2 of them)
amone and derz have pld/dnc and pld/nin available

back to work /salute

edit--

Maybe you guys aren't interested anymore, but if we continue I was thinking of a few things we could try.

1. Amone- main tanks as Sam/Nin, since he's going to have hate anyways

2. Derzerb- back-up tanks, somehow rips hate off of Amone so he can recast shadows. Could do this with pld/nin? Not sure if you could get hate off him as mnk/nin, pld/dnc would surely work but thats a loss in dmg from tp. Pld/war would probably be too much of an mp sponge.

3. Daymos- read ffxi wiki so you dont get lost and confused and die like a moron, AND I use my ani-ring to get dnc sub leveled 20-40 and sub that, depending on what mai does. With /dnc I can heal some and animated flourish -> snarl hate to pet if need be.

4. Mai comes as either blm/whm for status removal, heals, and NUKING (since derz and amone arent going to take any dmg), or if you think you'll have a problem running out of mp, or if you just want to -come bst/whm (or /dnc and I can come whm). I think we should have 2 people with /whm to remove paralyze ><

5. Tool does the same thing, drg/whm for heals and status removal

6. Deed does same thing, 80 rdm/drk with vorpal blade spam should work just fine.

thoughts?

Im ready to go whenever.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
I wouldn't get discouraged if your first run was less than spectacular.

I remember our nyzul static, we BLEW the first time we went in. But you know what? You learn what works and what doesn't very fast. You figure out those lamps. You figure out how to efficiently get through those levels.

Towards the end, a loss in Nyzul for us was extremely rare, especially on just moving up the floors (a loss against a level 80 or 100 boss happens, but only because the boss was cheap, not because we were unprepared).

Keep at it, and week by week you'll get better and better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:18 am 

Yeah we had serious problems with the lamps, I have this bit printed and tacked on my wall now. The certain order one especially, should of had some order and caller-person determined beforehand. If we get the lamps down and accustomed to how the event works I don't think we'll have that many problems, it's not like the actual fighting was any problem.. our ls has always done well at /point and punch.

Activate all lamps
Quote:
This can mean one of three things:

1. There is only one lamp, and everyone needs to activate it.
* When you use the lamp, it says "Your certification code has been registered." Further examination will yield "The certification code for all party members is required to activate this lamp." It is only necessary for each party member to check the lamp once.
* If a member of the party leaves the zone (using the fireflies or returning to home point), they will not be allowed back in and this objective will fail if they had not already touched the lamp.
2. There are multiple (3-5) lamps which must be activated at the same time.
* When you use a lamp, it says "This lamp cannot be activated unless all other lamps are activated at the same time." and gives you the option to activate it. Do not activate it yet; wait until there is someone at all lamps, then everyone select "Yes" at the same time.
* Activated lamps remain lit for approximately 30 seconds. If some lamps are close to each other, it may be possible for one party member to activate more than one lamp by himself.
* If you activate your lamp but the others aren't all activated at the same time, it says "All lamps on this floor are activated, but some other action appears to be necessary in order to activate the rune of transfer." This means you need to wait for them all to turn off (after ~30 sec), then try again.

Despite the wording of this message, it will also be displayed if several lamps are lit at the same time, but 1 or more remain unlit.

* After a lamp turns off, there is a cooldown period of ~30 seconds before you can activate it again. It says "It appears you cannot activate this lamp for some time..."
3. There are multiple (3-5) lamps which must be activated in an unknown order. This is often the most difficult version, and good open lines of communication are essential.
* When you use a lamp, it says "This lamp must be activated in a certain order..." and gives you the option to activate it.
* Activating a lamp will not turn it on (light it up) immediately, it will only turn on after all the lamps on that floor have been activated by clicking on them and selecting "Yes".
* Activated lamps will not and cannot be deactivated until each lamp has been activated. There is no time limitation for activating all of the lamps, other than the universal time limit placed on the Assault run.
* When all lamps have been activated, they will all turn on. After approximately 10 seconds, any lamps that were not activated in the correct position in the order will turn off. Any lamps that were in the correct position in the order will remain on. Use this information to plan your next attempt.
o Bear in mind that a previous correctly ordered lamp will need to be "activated" again (in the proper order) when making the next attempt, even though the lamp will still appear to be on.

For "same time" and "order" lamp floors, activating a lamp will cause you to lose aggro from any enemies that currently have you as their target. If you are in imminent danger of dying it may be wise to activate a lamp prematurely, but be sure to inform your party of having done so, especially on "order" lamp floors. Note that this will only function for enemies for which you have the most hate for -- if you are on an enemy's hate list but the enemy is currently pursuing someone else, activating a lamp will NOT shed aggro from that enemy and it can still change course and come after you, particularly if THAT person activates a lamp.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:30 pm 
MS Paint Artisan

IGNs: Maiyuu, Iamhomeless, Tofumuncher, Ayvera, Smurfypimp
BLM, RDM, BST 75
BRD 49, WHM 41, and more misc lvled jobs
I love you day ♥ Whatever you decide will work best, but just let me know a little bit b4 the run so I can change stuff around. If it did come down to bst/whm or /dnc (if we will be fine on heals) I don't care what I come as. I have them both leveled up but me /whm might make it easier because of my bigger MP pool. Don't be rushed to think you need to lvl dnc either, as long as you can Healing Waltz I think it would work pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 am 

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it wednesday :(

Please feel free to go on though and I can catch up later

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Daymon wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it wednesday :(

Please feel free to go on though and I can catch up later

Nyzul has been canceled this week. Picking up next week unless something else comes up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
I am taking some time off in order to take care of somethings. I apologize if this hampers any ls plans. On the bright side, that opens a slot for someone that may need this, if you decide to continue.

Here's a funny cat picture ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 am 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Something came up and I won't be able to go this time either, unless it's pushed up a few hours earlier. I'll be able to go then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:38 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I'll fill Derzerb's seat until someone wants in. Keep in mind that you need to start at floor 0 if you've never done Nyzul and want to progress through floors, so if you want to join the static, you have to let me know before our next meeting.

Has anyone heard from Daymos? I haven't seen him since he let us know he'd be unavailable. Are your schedules flexible enough to accommodate a possible Nyzul run this Wednesday, if Daymos can make it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:36 am 

IGNs: Toolbent - main
Ubiquitous - mule
Afterthought - mule
On for Wednesday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next