Derzerb
Astrai
Deedlitchan
Aidran
Reizon
Arynel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:47 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Alright, hold on a minute here. First lets close this thread to applicants since we have 12 people. Party 1 looks good in terms of current jobs and all being available at the appointed time. Now lets analyze party #2 and make sure we can all agree on a time slot and that our jobs match up with a good strategy, if not perhaps we can adjust the 2 parties as needed. We have a week yet.

Post here to fill in the chart and/or I will contact you all in game. I'll start with the times as follows, putting a 'O=yes' or 'X=no' under them. I'll be asking you all for the following information, about jobs and if you can make it at the following times to try and match up a slot. I hope this all makes sense lol, doing it quick while the mother in law just arrived. All times are eastern.

Name | jobs | Friday at 9pm+ | Saturday at 1pm | Sat. at 9pm+ | Sun. at 1pm | sun at 9pm+
Daymos | Bst | yes | yes | yes | yes | yes
Aidran | nin, drg| ? | ? | ? | ? | ?
Reizon | war, pld| yes | yes | yes | yes | yes
Zyn | rdm |? |? | ? | ? | ?
Astrai | thf, blu, sch, drk, ?|? |? |? |? |?
Deed | rdm, drk, drg, ? | ? |? |? |? |?

Strategies: Will get to this after chart is full. This fight and final fight.

NameJobsFri. 9pm+Sat. 1pmSat. 9pm+Sun. 1pmSun. 9pm+
DaymosBSTO
AidranNIN DRGO
ReizonWAR PLDO
ZynRDMOXO
AstraiTHF BLU SCH DRKXO
DeedlitchanRDM DRK DRG?

den's ninja edit: WIP unnecessary table code.

Thanks Den!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 am 

Alright, I'm going to make a bold suggestion on this one as I hate these F'ing add ons, and well ethy is doing it >.> .. we can't let her team beat us! We do this fight saturday, and (with possible help from party 1) we beat Shantotto and get it ALL over with sunday night.

First, Deed.. are you interested and will you be able to pull some strings and join us at 1pm est (noon cst) next saturday? I know you're at the start now and not happy about crafting, unfortunately we can't make the kit for you >< If you can't make 1pm est saturday due to RL or needing more time for the missions, can you make a time later sunday night so we may knock out the first fight for you before/after the final fight? You will need help fighting the 3 shantotto members and fighting the assorted NMs in zi tah and ro maeve but several of us should be around this week at like 9pm-1am est (8-midnight cst) to help, and probably later than that as I know at least ary, reizon, aid are PST time. The rest of the add on up to the first fight is time consuming but really not bad if you take your time and research a bit, it's almost fun if you look at it right >.> ok maybe maybe that's stretching it a bit.

DETAILS:

Now, assuming the current table above is correct, here is my suggestion:

-We all show up at 1pm est to the battle on saturday, if deed can join us great, if not ..
we pull a happy member from party 1 to help us after they win, please note it may be necessary to return to jeuno and use the key before a player can participate in a second battle.

-We win the battle (i hope), now we all drink coffee and energy drinks instead of beer! We do the next part of the add on and get up to the final fight by sunday night!

-Sunday night at 9pm est, we either meet at the toriamai canal fight to quickly knock out the mission for Deed if she couldnt join saturday (as in be there right at 9/log there and appear, cant stretch this one out all night), THEN we head straight to kick shantotto's ass, or depending on Deeds time/progress we do shantotto first and return to toriamai after. This offer is out to everyone listed in both parties, I know ethy can't make 9pm est but if party 1 doesnt happen to beat shantotto before 9pm sunday lets all form up and knock it out for whoever needs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Wiki wrote:
* It is recommended to synth the Enfeebling Kit with at least a level 10 Alchemy Skill. It is possible to synth with no skill at all, but the success rate is very low.

Alchemy Skill Up Guide:
Levels 0-6: Tsurara

Ice Crystal
2 Distilled Waters
1 Rock Salt

Levels 6-9: Cornstarch

Lightning Crystal
2 Millioncorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Getting your alchemy skill to level 10 is really easy, will take 30 minutes to an hour at most. If you are spending a fortune on broken synths cause your alchemy skill isn't high enough......well then......... :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 am 
Maiden of many mules

Quote:
When either Shantotto reaches 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% HP, she appears to enter a temporary "rage" in which she calls the other (regardless of hate and HP level) to her to chain powerful weapon skills together, resulting in Level 3 skillchains, massive AoE damage and many negative status effects. While in this state, the raged Shantotto gains a very powerful defense increase, some form of Regain or Store TPVerification Needed, and cannot be defeated (she can be reduced to 1% HP but will take 0 damage until the rage status ends).

Which would explain why she ran away from Fenrir during the fight yesterday ~

I think Kyl/Ali is right about the position of where the mages and melee stand. Melees should be near the door while the mages are closer to Kyl - to avoid most of the nasty effects from
Quote:
D. Shantotto's Salvation Scythe inflicts most enfeebling effects including: Poison, Slow, Bio and Paralyze.
. I was watching a smn burn party, and they barely got hit with these effects by standing far away.
Quote:
Shantotto's Divine Malison inflicts Silence, Stun, and Disease among other effects
until D. Shantotto reaches 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% HP anyways.

Quote:
Each Shantotto will only rage once at each HP interval, meaning if you wipe and Reraise, the raged Shantotto will not rage again at 75%, 50%, etc.

Wipe fairly fast at start to avoid the rage?

Another thought is to make Kyl DD on smn and let Zyn kite Shantotto, it doesn't seem to be difficult to kite her on rdm, when I watch the youtube video above. Garuda seems to do good damage with Predator Claws

Remedies should probably be considered for melees and mages without whm sub. Also melees should consider Icarus Wing - I don't know if ls bank is willing to pay, if there is a ls bank anymore ?

I am still a bit unclear on what times some people can go - maybe people have told me, if so I am sorry.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 am 

Thoughts? I can't post that, too many bad words.

Is the ninja 2 hour based on hp? 4000hp? How about spirits within, is it possible to icarus wing to 100tp and then sleep with opo to 200tp? You really cant beat D shantotto without wiping it seems, if shes going to rage and not be killable till rage ends.

I'd say 80% chance I can make a sunday at 1pm or 3pm date for another try. Saturday is out, my parents are coming to visit. They may leave sunday morning. I'll know before this weekend gets here.

As for party B I'm available to help this mon-thursday at 830pm est +, for the taru battle, or hexes, or whatever I really think you guys should just do the fight as people (from both parties) are available instead of waiting for all your schedules to line up, then repeat repeat as needed, it only takes a few minutes to do the fight and anyone can help even if they dont have the add ons (amone and others have offered). I'll repeat forever, it might actually be fun to fight shantotto if we could consistantly win >.> thank god you can buy the hex's once you've killed shantotto.. if any of us ever completes :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 am 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
In case anyone else missed it yesterday, I got Astral Flow activated, but was skillchained and stunned while having bio on me, so I couldn't do anything except fall to the ground. *thinks of Borne*

For the wipe, I'm assuming that we'd want to get Domina down as close as possible to make sure she gets through as many "rage modes" as we can.

Also, I might suggest Leviathan instead of Garuda, for Spinning Dive (though it can miss ocassionally, like most BP), and to have Spring Water as well to help with healing, since it erases some of the negative status effects (erases poison, blind, paralyze, disease, silence, petrify, sleep and sometimes slow), and since the recovery effect is TP based, I'll already have him out to melee. Bigger problem is my BP timer, I can only shave off so much of the 1 min timer, so I'd need Haste. If we're desperate enough, I could use 2hr BP, but it'd take me a long time to recover all that mp.

As for times, idk, I have events all week, though we have sea in rotation for Tues/Thurs this week and I usually skip it LOL.

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am 

people who are helping don't have to collect the hexes, or people who have cleared it don't have any interest in the coffer key don't need to buy them. If you don't have any hexes, you're automatically granted all 16 bonuses, according to the wiki, but you won't "complete" the battlefield if you need the win on the mission.

I don't think wiping early on purpose is the way it should work. She'll rage @75, and if we wipe, she'll regen. She won't range at 75 the next time, but she'll still rage @50 @25 and @10 from what I understand.

I might not understand right, but it seems like you have to get her under then 10% mark before wiping, then there is no rage left on the next one.
My guess is each 'rage' lasts a good 30 seconds, during which time we got her to the next mark, and she raged again.

My thought right now is to fight Domina first, and when she's hits 75% we DPS VERY HARD AND VERY FAST, and pray to whatever god of our choice that we get her under 10% before wiping (killing her outright is probably out of the question, as wiki states that she ~will not die while raged~). Then it would be significantly easier to fight them individually the second time. I still don't know the solution to the paralyze, I don't fully understand which shantotto it comes from and what the AoE is. I know there were times where I didn't get paralyzed when other (ethy) people were and so I didn't realize it right away. So paralyze killing 2hrs and WSs might make going all out at the start impossible.

I don't know. i guess we all need to smn burn our summoners to 75.

if they truly are susceptible to stun, I could /drk and chainstun when D. is at 75 to hopefully block crazy damage/silence/paralyze.

But I'm still confused I guess if Shantotto assists Domina during rage no matter what? or if a kiter can regain hate on her. Wiki is unclear.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:39 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Some people in GROUP B are busy with wrapping up the college semester. So I propose that Group B revisits these missions around Mid-May.

Don't want to be responsible if Astrai flunks his courses, all of them...