-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:10 pm 
The Eventress

Event time is Monday & Friday 7:30pm EST, unless previously discussed.

:!: Assaults Cleared:
50/50 - 100% Complete

:!: Remaining Items of Interest:
All desired AP Items Obtained!

Last edited by Katsuko on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: DH Assault!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
The Eventress

From November 07 to March 08, DH Assault V2 met twice a week and only postponed runs 3 times, the conviction of this group was nothing short of amazing, and I had such an incredible time!

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who made this static a success:

Kiler - Your job variety was crucial to this static. A really special thanks to you for coming on jobs you really didn't want to play most of the time for the sake of our success! I know you're trying to retire it, but I have to say that you're a bomb WHM! It wasn't uncommon for us to ask you to change jobs 3+ times in a night and not once did we ever hear a complaint!

Aidran... & Qiqiru - loldrg :lol:

Sorry I had to! Seriously though, there were many times when you went above and beyond to reach out and offer extra assistance in getting things set-up for runs, and helping lead within them. You always did your homework and were prepared and ready for anything. You're fantastic at your jobs and I have to say, I was amazed that you could stand so well toe-to-toe dual tanking with Rei on NIN/DRK!

Derzerb - You play MNK like it's an art form. No matter what assault threw at us, you knew how to maneuver the job to fit the situation. You were always prepared, never batting an eyelash to blowing through expensive food and meds just to make our runs a success. A big thank you for being so selfless when it came to assault armbands as well.

A huge thanks to you three for sticking it out from beginning to end! You guys were real troopers, and your dedication made this static what it was!

Reizon - Thank you so much for stepping up and for filling in for Gamp and then sticking it out until the end with us! Your PLD skills never ceased to amaze me! I dare not think of how we'd have fared against FL assaults without you! Your random dcā€™s brought us many lulz, but your conviction in doing your best to work through the lag (lolblitzkreig) to shield us from harm was nothing short of noble!

Gampishi - As short-lived it was, thank so much for the time you spent with us in the few early ranks, I'm Sorry you weren't able to stay to the end.

Kylindar - Thanks for helping fill the void created suddenly in the static, and for helping us through 3 of the hardest Assaults out there! Your RDM and SMN skills are uber 1337!

Arynel - Always there to lend a hand from beginning to end! I very much appreciate all the times you came out to help on a whim! Ary helped us out from PSC/PFC and was also there to help us polish off our very last assault. His avatar speaks volumes, when it comes to Ary's skills with COR, Jack Sparrow better watch his back yo! Pirate hommies fo life dawg!

Thank you once again to everyone involved, this is something I'll always remember when looking back at my FFXI career.

Coming in May: "Next stop: Nyzul Isle Floor 100!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:01 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

May I point out that you forgot someone?

Katsuko - Just... Wow. You were always on top of everything, and the DH Assault team was the perfect way to break-in and make a name for yourself as a great leader. You said you had some bad days, but I honestly never saw anything of that sort--you stepped into and ended every session with enthusiasm. I know some particular missions or events during the static's lifetime were stressful at times, but you were really in your element, and you always kept the atmosphere amiable. Your openness to suggestions, and willingness to discuss tactics with us was a great display of your leadership skills. You're a very competent leader and player with a magnetic personality; I have nothing but respect for you (and all the other great members you attracted to the DH Assault static--yes, even you, Reizon), and I hope I can participate in whatever other statics or events you're planning in the future.

Let's not get gushy, though. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:30 pm 
The Eventress

Aww, that was really nice of you Aid.. Thank you! ;)

I really can't say enough about this group of people.. and this entire linkshell really. I hope that everyone who plays this game can at one point feel the pride I feel when wearing this linkpearl. There have been several occasions now where I've been asked to join other linkshells, but I just can't seem to bring myself to part with this group! I've got a fever, and the only prescription, is more PIERCING! (lolinsidejoke)

I know sometimes I can seem like "all business" when the pressure is on, but when it comes down to it, I really just want so much to help make everything we do a great success.

That being said, here's hoping that we're met with the same level of success when we venture into Nyzul Isle!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Awww, I'm always willing to {Gil Toss} for you guys! Erh I mean, ranged attack on Corsair.....Too bad you rarely got to see my uber blm!!!

Considering how you tore through assault, nyzul should be a piece of cake. The only annoying one is the lamp order floor, so I'll cut the crap now and explain it.

Lets say there are 4 lamps (there can be as many as 5 i think). They need to be activated in a certain order. Lets say Derz, Aid, Kat, and Kiler find those 4 different lamps. They will all be off, then derz clicks his, aid clicks his next, then kat clicks hers, then kiler clicks his.

BOOM!!!

All the lights will turn on for a few seconds. puuuuufffff.....Some of the lights go off. Derz and Kiler all say their lights went off. But what's this!??!?! Kat and Aid say their lights are still on!!!! OMG! This means that Kat and Aid are in the right order of turning the lamps on. THEIR LAMP WILL NOT TURN OFF AGAIN UNLESS YOU PUT THEM IN THE WRONG SPOT IN THE ORDER, DON'T LET THIS CONFUSE YOU!

So you try a new order, Kiler, Aid, Kat, Derz. BOOM!!!! All the lights turn on. Win!!! YEAH go to the next floor.

That's how it works, just don't let the lights staying on for certain people confuse you. Don't "wait for the light to turn off" either, its gonna stay on permanently as long as that person remains in the proper spot in the "order".

Also, don't confuse this floor with "Activate all the lamps at the same time" and "Everyone needs to activate this one lamp" floors, which tend to be much easier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:13 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Thank you Kat for the kind words. Thanks for helping people accomplish something that would be very arduous to complete on their own. It took good leadership and teamwork to do some assaults with what you were given.

zOMG SAMX5 and a White mage {Canz I Have It?}

Thank you aid for wearing that yagudo helmet before every assault. Derzerb likes staring at it for some reason...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 pm 
The Eventress

Derzerb wrote:
Thank you aid for wearing that yagudo helmet before every assault. Derzerb likes staring at it for some reason...

Having Aid come back from AFK with Derz inches from his face, staring at him, was the cause of many lulz :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:32 pm 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
Well, Thanky!

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:08 pm 
Aidran's right hand man

IGNs: Reizon
Late reply is late?
Anyhow, I would like to thank all of you for letting me join the assault static, I always wanted to do assaults and pugs weren't cutting it. It was my pleasure being(or attempting to be) the tank for all of the assaults, particularly the First Lieutenant assaults. These past few months have given us valuable experience in teamwork, so lets no allow it to go to waste; onwards to Nyzul! *wishes there were some sword raise smiley*
And If I disappointed anyone expecting an epic speech, {That's too bad.} :lol: