-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:51 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Congratulations C-Team on a long and successful run.
It was a pleasure retracing my steps here and I hope you got to experience some of the great storytelling and challenge that Square is known for.

The Text version:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:03 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
As a little treat with the end of COP in mind, I am including the remixed version of Distant Worlds as done by the The Black Mages (can be found in The Black Mages III album).

wiki wrote:
The Black Mages is a Japanese instrumental rock band formed in 2003 by Nobuo Uematsu, composer of the majority of soundtracks in the Final Fantasy video game series. The band arranges Uematsu's musical compositions in a rock style often similar to progressive metal, achieved with the additional use of synthesizers.

You hear this melody all through the COP arc in different forms and won't hear the complete composition until the last COP scene (at the epilogue).
I must admit the flute solo part still chokes me up sometimes... :?

http://disposableheroesls.com/DHTemp/distantworlds.mp3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:19 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Derzerb wrote:
As a little treat with the end of COP in mind, I am including the remixed version of Distant Worlds as done by the The Black Mages (can be found in The Black Mages III album).

wiki wrote:
The Black Mages is a Japanese instrumental rock band formed in 2003 by Nobuo Uematsu, composer of the majority of soundtracks in the Final Fantasy video game series. The band arranges Uematsu's musical compositions in a rock style often similar to progressive metal, achieved with the additional use of synthesizers.

You hear this melody all through the COP arc in different forms and won't hear the complete composition until the last COP scene (at the epilogue).

I will remember to listen to it. My only regret is that I've heard "Distant Worlds" a few times before--I'm just crossing my fingers that it makes for a memorable experience, anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:20 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
No pictures :/ The final fight was NOT pretty, here's my take which may not be accurate, very nervous, could barely find my macros. So much fun though, LETS DO IT AGAIN!:

attempt 1 we did not kite, everyone died except me and ethy - scary flyboy died when the boss had like 2% life thus kicking us out. Meteor and that damn AOE stun suck. I like this strategy, but maybe with a pld + nin together?

attempt 2 we tried to kite but Aidran (nin) went down at (i think) a little more than 50%, then astrai (blu) and neo (sam) went down.. leaving us with courie carrie/prishe/flyboy doing dmg, ethy/seig healing prishe and me (bst) wondering what the hell I should do now (run in, run out, have heart attack, use snarl.. repeat), I think I made the suggestion that we all just give up and die at that point :P . We managed to pick away at him, getting aidran up to kite some more maybe twice, almost getting neo healed and ready to kick ass(but I believe he went down again just b4 using 2 hour UGH) and by pure luck the BOSS died before scary flyboy, YAY :D Killed by prishe doing a banish2 for like 30dmg.

Need practice fighting stuff that you cant straight tank, aka kite & kill sort of thing.. and im serious about wanting to fight him again XD do we need someone on the mission to start it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:56 am 
Maiden of many mules

lol Day

Congrats to everyone and thanks to Derz for coming along ^^

I will post pictures when I get around to get them cropped

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 pm 
Dangerous

IGNs: Gay Fenrir owner
Derzerb wrote:

wiki wrote:

Have that on CD, great track.

Prishe kicks all sorts of ass in that last BC doesn't she? =x

Or the strength to walk away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:18 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
lol just now realized im quoted in derz's picture, with 1 word :p