-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ZNM
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 am 

IGNs: Main: Astrai (M)
Second: Umiraphame (E)
Mules: Feugh (T), Socent (G), Eume (H), Lioh (E)
anyone interested in these?

get some picture groups going first for some zeni and go from there!

Post subject: Re: ZNM
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:16 pm 
Maiden of many mules

Not to be cruel or anything, but it seems to me that DH is sorta drowning in events that never happens. I think it would probably be a good idea if you finish some of the other events/set groups first instead of coming up with new stuff. Usually this time of the year DH is rather empty, because of exams and stuff, so it might be a good idea to push some of the events till later on when there is more people available?

Some of the stuff being planned, never happened, currently active:
Set 10-75, Nyzul, moblin merit maze, COP, ACP, Yovra, ANNM, ISNM, swift belt, znm, merit, salvage, limbus, sky, dynamis, Uggalepih Pendant, enm, bcnm, subligar, wotg, vicious mufflers etc. etc.

the list is getting longer and longer...

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Ethy wrote:
Not to be cruel or anything, but it seems to me that DH is sorta drowning in events that never happens. I think it would probably be a good idea if you finish some of the other events/set groups first instead of coming up with new stuff. Usually this time of the year DH is rather empty, because of exams and stuff, so it might be a good idea to push some of the events till later on when there is more people available?

Set 10-75, Nyzul, moblin merit maze, COP, ACP, Yovra, ANNM, ISNM, swift belt, znm, merit, salvage, limbus, sky, dynamis, Uggalepih Pendant, enm, bcnm, subligar, wotg, vicious mufflers etc. etc.

Nyzul, ACP, Yovra, ANNM, swift belts, merits, limbus, uggy pendant, ENMs/BCNMs, Subligars, Vicious Mufflers have all happened successfully. Can't get a group together without guaging interest (usually by asking).

Anyways, I'm always down for ZNMs. But I'm usually down for just about anything.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:56 pm 
The Eventress

I'm very interested in ZNMs. Though I have to admit I'd be interested to see what kind of a system we would work out. The last shell I did ZNMs with had a hard time coming up with a fair system as to who uses their pop items when, and from that pop, who gets what.

Regardless, ZNM is really fun and similarly to Limbus, can be done in a relatively small time frame. I'm in!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:18 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
I am in I have 3111 Zeni, and Ill use it for anyone that needs it.
As long as we go as far as we can go in Tiers I'll be happy.
I think maybe Tier 3 would be our limit.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm 
Fake-moustached Investigator

I'm definitely interested as well. As a suggestion, a your-pop-your-drops system may work, with freelot items being available to lot (not everyone will be able to use every single armor drop from each mob). There does seem to be a lot of disagreement on ZNM point systems, though.

I'll post my Zeni count when I get a chance. I think I'm in the 2-3000 range, currently.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:04 pm 

Ethy wrote:

Nyzul has happened, and is happening sucessfully.
CoP has seen 3 statics from start to finish, with a 4th gearing up to start.
ACP has gone start to finish afaik.
I was at a Yovra extermination a few days ago.
We've done ANNM a few times, and people seem interested in continuing to do it now and then.
ISNM ENM and BCNM are all <6 person events that are usually a one time thing, so meh.
We did a big swift belt run, we might do another one again sometime (I'd still like a belt) but you can't do those back to back to back due to codicies and hate and such.
ZNM JUST got brought up, what do you expect.
Merit parties aren't really a LS event, but still there have been merit LS parties.
Salvage was stopped because of personal trauma, I'd not dare judge that, and we're planning on starting again in a few weeks.
We do limbus twice a week without fail, and have been incredibly sucessful thank you.
Dyna and sky are more or less unfit for a social shell to dabble in, but we tried some sky for a while anyway.
Uggy pendent had one sucessful run already, getting all but I think one person their necklace, and derz now has an amazing 10 daggers to pop this weekend.
We've done several subligar runs. People always pick up new jobs and will like gear for them, but I've never seen a really serious effort to set up runs on the boards.
And Vicious mufflers run also happened.

I don't see why events that are currently active would effect ZNM, unless it comes down to scheduling, in which case it would naturally be delayed until some of the less permanent events clear out. And hell, most of the T1 and T2 znm's could be done on the fly picking up bored ls members. Then if we needed to take a sunday afternoon (seems to be the "special of the week" event slot lol) to take down a T3 and start over, That works out fine.

We don't post events here and expect the entire linkshell to be psyched up and ready to go in 12 hours. We're judging interest, the same with everything else. If not enough people are interested, it'll fall the way of ISNM and subligar posts, yeah, that happens. but if we get 7-10 people interested, and can set a date, or a recurring time to do it, then awesome.

I love you Ethy, but that really seemed like an attack. I don't make every event, but I'm a pretty damn regular member of the shell, so I take some personal offense to that. You're hardly (ever?) on the shell anymore (due to timezone, I know, I won't fault you on that) If you're interested, I'm sure you're welcome to join us. If you're not, that's fine too, but I don't see any reason to come in the thread and slam the idea.

back on topic, there's nothing from ZNM I'm terribly interested in, so that pretty much puts me in the "If you're going, and could use another body, and I'm on, let me know and I'll help."

Longwinded response done, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 pm 
Maiden of many mules

Meh, no one read and understood my post either lol.

I am just saying maybe it's a good idea to slow down a bit on events - since there is already a lot going on. You are going to burn out people with all those events and it's a lot of time consuming events there as well , no? But it doesn't matter, I was never saying you shouldn't do ZNMs- but who says you need to rush through them now?

And no, I haven't been on DH, because I am no longer a member of the linkshell and I haven't been since March. I only check boards, because of the Nyzul set I have commited myself to do once a week.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:49 pm 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Ethy wrote:
Meh, no one read and understood my post either lol.

I am just saying maybe it's a good idea to slow down a bit on events - since there is already a lot going on. You are going to burn out people with all those events and it's a lot of time consuming events there as well , no? But it doesn't matter, I was never saying you shouldn't do ZNMs- but who says you need to rush through them now?

And no, I haven't been on DH, because I am no longer a member of the linkshell and I haven't been since March. I only check boards, because of the Nyzul set I have commited myself to do once a week.

Which is exactly why I haven't started salvage yet. A lot of (successful) things have been going on in LS as of late, and I'm afraid that adding salvage (which pretty much guarentees adding assault runs as well for points) might be a TAD bit too much. Gonna wait for things to get to a somewhat lull before we get started in this. :)

And as for drops, your Zeni -> Your drops is pretty much the only way to do it, with the person deciding if he wants something that's rare/ex to go freelot (Which would be announced at the beginning of the NM fight). Unless I'm mistaken, I think I have a few pops for a tier II NM......

Also, Tier III and Tier IV (tier IV is cerb etc I think??) can be lowmanned. I saw a ridiculously great thread on how to 6 man cerb and how predictable his AI is. I would LOVE to try that JUST for the sake of trying haha.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:28 pm 
The Eventress

As far as burn out goes, nobody is ever required to attend an event, so if they're feeling burned out, they can certainly sit out.

The fact is there is a large group of people (myself included) within the shell who enjoy being active, and having events to do on a regular basis. With ZNM being such a low man event, I personally think it's a welcome addition.