-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sea Team 9:30est 9/12
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:24 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Hey there fellas. It has been a while since we first initiated the COP static idea and A-Team finally vanquished COP and from what I hear they loved the story and the ring prize. B-Team had a little rough patch scheduling wise but are close.

I know there are still a lot of members wanting to take a crack at this so I am starting the "Sea" Team thread.

If you have a level 60 or over and would like to join "Sea" Team please include.

1) The current COP mission you are on.
2) The jobs you have available
3) The times you can make it.
Hopefully we can work something out.
---------------------------------
Those Interested:

Jambi - 75RDM, 75 DRG, 64 THF (59 Paladin)
CoP 4-2
SUN [except from 3-5 pm EST]
MON - SAT 9PM EST onward

Zoelle - Over 60: DRG, BST, WHM
COP: 3-5
It varies. If I have notice I can generally join an event, but times need to be adhered to.

Hiraedd - 72DRG 68RDM
COP 4-3
monday-friday 630ishpm est-whenever
def important to warn me ahead of time about static days/times. last minute stuff usually doesnt work for me

Astrai - 60 THF, 53 BLU
Minotaur fight (2-3)

I'm open M W F from around 4pm est
T H from around 9:30pm est
Sat and Sun I can be on anytime.

Daymos - alright, sign me up O_o

Im just a bst, for whatever I can make that worth.
<Hes on Mountain Climb 3-3 I think>
Im available friday and saturday nights past 9pm.

Helper volunteers:
Derzerb - 75 Mnk
Mon-Fri 6pm- Onward EST
Weekends - Open

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 pm 

IGNs: Gampishi
Yeah doing this set of missions is worth it just for the awesome story line and spectacular cutscenes; if you can keep up with the plot twists every other cutscene. And half the time they are hilarious cutscenes with stunning visual effects! so yeah if you havent done em! do em!!!!Plus the uber rings and sea/limbus access.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Ok guys it looks like we have our Sea-Team (Which should be able to get past all the capped stuff in COP)

Times: Fri 9pm EST (not this week)
Starting with PM 2-3 - The Minotaur Lv 40 cap

I think everyone is agreed on keeping it casual, so if someone cant make a week we would resched for the next. Providing notice would be very beneficial if possible.

Zoelle -WHM
Jambi- PLD
Hiraedd - DRG or RDM depending on whats needed for certain missions
Astrai - THF or BLU depending on whats needed for certain missions
Daymos - El Beastmaster
Derzerb - Monk

Since I am just assisting, if a certain job is needed for a mission, we will have an extra slot available in case we need to shout in Whitegate or get an ls helper.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:03 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
I can help when needed too, just need to give me a bit of warning and i'll let you know if I can make it. Best to ask me personally rather than message board general asking everyone though, I just know how i am =)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:29 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
oh boy.. guess i better fire up my mules with some new plants and make some gil. Must read up on COP too, too bad you cant replay old cutscenes.. or is there goblin footprints in promys to do that?

I was into this once years ago with Orath, for a couple weeks :p I remember saying 'i dont care about getting 71-75 pld anymore, this is the only way i'll ever be able to fight huge bosses.. by doing this storyline' /spend all gil on 40 gear

edit--

and yes derz dont remind me where i am :p (3-1 call of the wyrmking i guess), if i can get my info together and my gear straight I'll figure out where i am in COP tonight and aim for that evil mountain and the part in san.

I'll be ready to do the minotaur next week if that's what we're offically on, unfortunately i think i threw away my bronze key for that door b4 the CS though ><

oh and there is goblin footprints i see looking on wiki, must restart the story, musta done promys like 1 year ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:05 am 

IGNs: Jambi & Jambo
Any chance we can move this back 20-30 minutes? Or is it too late for most already?

I can log myself ready at the aqueducts on thursday, but I can't log on until 9:20-ish EST due to work on Friday.

Let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:47 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
930 works for me, i dont think anyone listed having a time to be done by.

I generally assumed we'd meet up and id be going to bed at like 4am on fridays :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:03 am 

9:30 PM EST is peachy keen by me. I should have 75 BST tonight, so I can get some whm practice in the rest of the week. I am just a tad rusty, but I didn't kill my hybrid JP party last week, so that may be a good sign =)

So the Bull fight is what is scheduled for Friday?

My last experience on my mule with that was bad with pick-up players...let me just say the draw in trick sucks when someone doesn't leave the spawn point. -.-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:17 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Derzerb is good with 9:30pm est. Derzerb will be ready.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:03 pm 

From Wiki:

First off, Phomiuna Aqueducts are a 40 cap area (Duh), so have yourself ready.

(Note: The 2 missions previous are cutscenes and should be done before hand; which I am guessing are done)

Walkthrough:

Make your way to J-3 on the second map where the Minotaur spawns and defeat him.

The Minotaur is a Taurus-type mob.

IMPORTANT Minotaur has an extremely huge aggro range. About triple that of a normal mob. He sits and stares down the path leading to him, and aggros you the moment you round the corner. Do not venture even remotly close to him until everyone is prepared.

Once one person in the alliance aggros the Minotaur, the entire alliance, regardless of where they are on the map, will be drawn in to fight at J-2.

The exception to this is if a member happens to be in one of the ladder-climbing cut scenes. They will not be drawn in with the alliance.

Pets and even a monster that you are currently engaged with will be drawn in as well.

Use the Draw In to your advantage and let one skilled person run there solo with Reraise on and all other wait at the entrance until they get drawn in.

Make sure to move before it respawns; there is no cutscene. The Minotaur is said to have a respawn time of less than ten Earth minutes.

After you kill the Minotaur, you may leave the Phomiuna Aqueducts at any time, and still complete the mission. However, you will still need to proceed with the next steps to complete the mission.

Make your way to the Iron Door at G-8.

Be sure not to drop into the water at G-8, otherwise you will need to go around again.

You will either need a Thief, who can pick the lock or someone with a Bronze Key.

The Bronze Key drops from Fomors in the Phomiuna Aqueducts.

Continue on to the Wooden Ladder at E-8 for a cutscene (choose either option), then climb up.

On the next map, take the north corridor.

The southern room/path has no true exit, and cannot directly access the corridor at F-8.

However, there is a one way hidden door in the room that can only be opened from the other side.

Make your way to the ??? in the south west corner of the room at F-7 (You must run around the corner and touch it from behind the Bookshelf). The bottom room, F-9, is NOT the right room. Click the ??? to open a hidden door at the south wall.

Make sure to click the correct ???. There is another one-way door in the east wall, which leads to a dead end. The only exit from this room is via a trapdoor in the floor, unless someone opens the door and lets you back out.

If you do this solo you will need to bring some type of Reraise (Earrings,Scrolls,ect). There are lots of Stegotaur's in your path and no way to get around them.

This must be done with two people. Unfortunately, you may encounter bad luck and have party members disconnect, disband or possibly get KO'd without Raise/Reraise. Be sure to bring have multiple Reraises because there are two sets of Stegotaurs that are impossible to pass without catching aggro.

Behind the southern door is a passage(F-8) where you must solve a puzzle.

The puzzle varies based on the current Vana'diel day.

Push the torches simultaneously that correspond to the following:

To open the door, simply pick an in-game time and have both players click their torch at the designated time.

On Firesday: Fire and Ice
On Icesday: Ice and Wind
On Windsday: Wind and Earth
On Earthsday: Earth and Thunder
On Lightningsday: Thunder and Water
On Watersday: Water and Fire
On Lightsday: Light and Dark
On Darksday: Dark and Light

After completing the puzzle, go through the hidden door at the western wall.

It can be opened from the other side by someone that has already passed through.

Go to the second Ornate Door and receive the final cutscene.

Go back to Tavnazian Safehold and talk to Justinius (J-6 on the upper level).

Mobs No aggro - Diremites (Great pets), Bats, Pugils

True Sight - Taurus, though they have a very narrow cone of vision.

Taurus mobs have a particularly nasty special ability called Mortal Ray. It is a vision-specific attack, so exposure can be prevented by using Blinding Potions or facing away from the Taurus mob (the latter to a lesser extent, since hate tends to bounce around in Taurus fights). If Mortal Ray manages to land, the target recieves a Doom status effect which will kill the player if not removed before the countdown ends. This effect can be removed with either Holy Water or the White Mage spell Cursna. Be aware, however, that multiple attempts may be needed to remove a single party member's Doom effect.

Sound - Slimes

Sound and Low HP aggro - Fomor. The range of Fomor aggro depends on your Fomor Hate; if you have the lowest level of hate, Fomor will not aggro you in any way.

Fomors do not become true sound when your Fomor Hate is at its maximum. Though, they do not aggro at all when your Fomor Hate is at its minimum. To lower your Fomor Hate, kill beastmen in Lufaise Meadows or Misareaux Coast. You must kill two beastmen for every one fomor you killed to lower hate.

(My hate may be high from lots of panty raids)

Notes

It is highly recommended that players do not lock onto the Minotaur and taurus type mobs while fighting, and also switch damage to on screen only. This helps to quickly spot and avoid Mortal Ray by turning around.

Above it states this mission is not repeatable. However, you can repeat the Minotaur fight.

This can be soloed, you just have to be very, very, very fast with selecting the proper torches. I do recommend a party of at least 2, because this is a pain. To solo this I went THF used Flee to the room, Reraise and then did the torches. (Asmodean Caitsith)

Strategies

You can create an Alliance to complete this mission, but a skilled party of 6 can complete it without help. It is recommended that you invest in Silent Oils and Holy Waters.

The Minotaur fight was remarkably easy for a skilled party of PLD/WAR, SAM/WAR, MNK/WAR, WHM/BLM, and WAR/NIN.

These 5 jobs used no food, save the Paladin's yagudo drink. The WHM can solve Doom with Cursna while the PLD cures himself, though bringing a few holy waters would in no way be a bad thing. Also, a good melee two hour or two is nice to have. The MNK and SAM two houred, Hundred Fists disappeared right as the mob died, with the built up TP closing the fight with Combo. The two DD jobs could be replaced with any melee with skill. Dark Knight, Ranger and Dragoon come to mind.

Two Beastmasters can duo the fight portion of this mission with ease. A thief (either a 3rd member or one of the beastmasters change jobs) would make part 2 much easier though.

This mission is known soloable by THF, though with much difficulty and large gil loss.

Defeated with ease by PLD/WAR, NIN/DNC, NIN/DNC and RNG/NIN. PLD/WAR kept hate the whole time and had to use almost 2 stacks of holy water. Only took one holy water to cure doom most of the time, however there were a few times where it took 3-4. Overall very easy with this combo. No food required or two hours needed.

DRG/Mage is probably not feasible for this battle, as you'll spend a good amount of time spamming holy waters and won't have the time or attention to walk that razor edge.

Recommended that you have one dedicated healer, who will **Face the wall** at all times. This will prevent the healer from becoming Doomed, allowing them to keep their attention on the party's health.

The Draw-In is very disorienting, and you come upon the minotaur all of a sudden. When you enter the water for the last time, you should already be prepared for battle.----

Backwards tanking as PLD/WAR makes this fight extremely easy. Had a SMN and WHM in party for buffs. Just use Flash, Voke, and Healing to maintain hate. Very easy fight.

For the actual page go to: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Promathia_Mission_2-3