-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: FF14 LS
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:24 pm 

IGNs: FFXI: Lituwotu
FFXIV: Aiden Ren
Anarria wrote:
Lit, I'm a 16 lancer on Lindblum!!! I'm in Gridania

Name is Oli Bear

Right, logging on now and adding you! :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Here is a Gametrailers FF14 review, not so hot.

Also:
http://www.ffxivcore.com wrote:
A funeral service is being held on 2ch (the biggest gathering place of FFXIV players in Japan)

a few posts in, someone talks about playing WoW instead and links to the free trial. Then they talk about how Blizzard should release WoW in Japan so they can join the 12 million who play it worldwide.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Source: http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/24762-the-funeral-of-ffxiv/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:17 pm 

IGNs: FFXI - Borne
Well. Time to try to get Conjurer, Weaver, Thaumaturge, Leatherworking and Carpenter to 20 before they shut down the servers. I'll be weeping tears of blood in Gridania or Limsa Lominsa. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:47 am 
Rampaging Warlock

IGNs: Anidawehi (mithra rdm, ACTIVE), Iernhardt (galka war, Inactive), Elijah (elvaan mnk, Inactive).
Are ya'll serious? O.o?
After all the anticipation, hubbub, and to-do across the net about the release of XIV, it ain't all that great?

DETAILS!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 am 
Maiden of many mules

I have to agree with both reviews. FF14 is not ready to be released yet. So stick with ff11 till SE fix their crap ;x

FF14 = Copy Pasta'd Terrain as Mike mention in his review...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
WoW O_O there's some seriously bad reviews for the game. Reading through them and reading the complaints on allakazham/etc. is pretty saddening. It makes SE look like lazy money grubbing bastard swords, wait.. I think that came up alot in ffxi too :p

I'll still try it if I get high speed internet though. Picked up a PS3 to replace my broken xbox360, maybe the ps3 version will score better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:59 pm 
Maiden of many mules

It has potential though, but if you play now you are pretty much paying for a beta. I am disappointed that SE didn't learn anything from ff11,like Jaerik on ffxiah.com says

Quote:
I think the disappointment is because XIV release seems to have made zero substantial improvements from XI release. Some people use this to defend the game, saying "XI had all the same problems too, so it's no big deal."

But I think these people are missing the point. The disappointment comes from knowing that after 8 years of development on XI, they don't seem to have carried any of that learning over to XIV. They are repeating a lot of their mistakes and blunders, and in many cases are actually worse. (XI at least had decent UI and chat on launch, for example.)

A lot of people don't want to wait X years for the game to become decent like XI did. And a lot of people are worried because XI had 2.5 years to develop in a vacuum before it got its first major competitor, riding on the patience of its users and lack of better alternatives, but XIV doesn't have that luxury.

XIV was much more expensive to make than XI, and the market is a lot more crowded. XIV can't just be "as good" as XI -- it needs to be an order of magnitude more successful to survive. "As good" (or "as bad" as the case may be) isn't going to cut it anymore, and people defending the game that way are damning it with faint praise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Daymon wrote:
WoW O_O there's some seriously bad reviews for the game. Reading through them and reading the complaints on allakazham/etc. is pretty saddening. It makes SE look like lazy money grubbing bastard swords, wait.. I think that came up alot in ffxi too :p

I'll still try it if I get high speed internet though. Picked up a PS3 to replace my broken xbox360, maybe the ps3 version will score better.

Was speaking to Aidran on AIM about this just now. From what I hear playing 14 won't be in my immediate to do list.

It's disheartening that SE are doing such mistakes after 8 years of MMO experience. Good gaming is a healthy balance of all elements. Looks like they really made the effort in the music and graphics, but left the rest much to be desired (the "game" part, but maybe they have a bright future in movie making).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:43 am 

IGNs: FFXI - Borne
Derzerb wrote:
Daymon wrote:

Was speaking to Aidran on AIM about this just now. From what I hear playing 14 won't be in my immediate to do list.

It's disheartening that SE are doing such mistakes after 8 years of MMO experience. Good gaming is a healthy balance of all elements. Looks like they really made the effort in the music and graphics, but left the rest much to be desired (the "game" part, but maybe they have a bright future in movie making).

As awful as the game currently is, I wouldn't.... lose lol.... hope. :lol: :lol: I can't even bring myself to say that without laughing. :lol: Right now, I'm in the middle of leveling Goldsmithing and Smithing, so I can level up Alchemy to level up Leathercraft.... to level up Carpentry to level up Weaving... so I can finally get back to leveling Conjurer and Thaumaturge. :x Imagine doing all of that with no means of transportation and literally running the distance from Sandy to Windy every time you want to try to buy materials and get synth support. I pretty much have to do the same thing for each job I switch to. As much as I'd hate to say it, the game is pretty bad at the moment. I still love it, though. What I do not love is having to sift through waves upon waves of retainers to find 1 material I need.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:20 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

Is it still beta right now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next