-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Server Mergers Incoming
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:50 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Good news, bad news? Beginning of the end, end of the beginning? What does it mean?

petfoodalpha.com wrote:

Final Fantasy XI will be seeing another series of World merges coming up on March 16, about a year after the last merger. A total of 8 worlds will be merged, leaving the game with a total of 16 live servers.

The first world will be moved into the second:

Ramuh -> Bahamut
Alexander -> Shiva
Titan -> Phoenix
Gilgamesh -> Carbuncle
Unicorn -> Fenrir
Ifrit -> Odin
Diabolos -> Siren
Caitsith -> Ragnarok

Check out the official announcement for the full list of “things to remember to do before this happens”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:03 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
:( Sad times.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:06 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
Has the level 99 cap been reached yet?

The game certainly won't die until they get ff14 in order, which will be a long time yet, if ever. My coworker is tinkering around with 14 again, started and quit within a month when it was released saying it was completely broken. He seems to really like the crafting system this time though and apparently it's been much improved overall. Still no mailing system though which is just weird, and no AH but the bazaar system now has a search function I guess and works nearly as well as an AH. He played Rift awhile back, new mmo. It took him about 6 weeks to reach the level cap and he then got bored and quit, 120 hours lol.. it took me longer than that to finish ff12.

Anyways, I doubt I'll be back to ff11 again. I certainly would like to play but truth be told I keep away from it for my son since we play a fair amount of video games together now and me playing ffxi is just completely ignoring (and boring) him for hours/days/weeks/etc. Maybe someday I'll get high speed internet and we can give ff14 a try on ps3 + pc.

Im trying to get through either final fantasy 13 or dragon age at the moment for single player games (got about 1/2 through both of them last year). Just finished arc rise fantasia after 97 hours on the wii, horrible game with a fun battle system (the two forms of the final boss took me 3 friggin hours to beat, and i very nearly lost when it had like 10% life left). Strange to actually beat games now though since I only finished like 2 games between 2003 and 2010 (tales of symphonia and ff12 iirc) :p

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:36 pm 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

No 99 cap yet, and still at 90. Next increase is in August.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 pm 
Maiden of many mules

It was bound to happen though. I wonder how many players they actually lost after ff14 was announced and some new mmorpgs was released...

I honestly don't have any faith in ff14 and just the news of SE working on a new MMO turns me off big time.

I will actually be returning to FF11 after a 6 months break from the game; for me it just feels like FF11 is at a more positive time than 6 months ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:17 am 
♥Prinny♥
♥Prinny♥

/snuggle Ethykins <3 =D

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:15 am 
Maiden of many mules

Deedlitchan wrote:
/snuggle Ethykins <3 =D

<3

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:10 pm 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Glad to hear you're getting more quality time with your boy, Daymos. I had a CC issue back in Feb where they cut my spending limit so I just cut off my ffxi account and haven't looked back, really. Sure, I miss a few things from the game here and there, but not enough to make a 5 minute phone call and get my shit sorted out, lol. In the middle of DA:O and FF13 myself, and while 13 certainly has a lot of things going against it, the game as a whole isn't the dismal failure most people called it at release time. Dragon Age reminds me of when I used to enjoy RPGs before they became these nigh unplayable mini movies with limited replay value.

Gaming in general is slowly drifting onto my Murtagh List and I don't know why. :lol:

Good to see folks still haunt this site from time to time. :mrgreen:

BLU75/COR75/PUP75/SCH75/DNC75
Maat's Cap - 2/22/09
Dynamis Armor - 97/100

[img]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/jin-super1.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:12 pm 
Maiden of many mules

aww you should totally do that call and hang out with me on ff11 again ;D

I just got DA2 today as a birthday present, so I need to finished the first one and expansion XD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:55 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
well truth be told *cough* I miss you guys (and girls) more than the game. Lets face it the gameplay of ffxi isn't exactly cutting edge anymore, however having 5, 10, sometimes more people to talk to who all share your same common interest of final fantasy or RPGs or gaming or just being weird in general.. you can't find that in real life that easily. In an mmo we're all physically equal (ok some of us are short and some have long necks or tastey tails) and able to freely be however odd we truly are, and apparently we liked that in some twisted way shape or form, or I did anyways ^^

Forgot where I was going with this >.> but nearly 9 years past 'oct 29 2003' one of my big wishes in life would be to go back there and do it all over again.

I'm trying to learn something positive from my time in ffxi and apply it to real life I guess, haven't figure out what to call it yet though.