-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
To me this is amazing. Many of you probably already know all about it.

The game is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Comes out Feb 7th.

To make a long story short- Curt retired from baseball in 2007 I believe, formed his own game studio, began work on an MMORPG. In doing that he realized the time and money involved and decided to create a single player RPG in the same world as the MMORPG will occur in. He's been an MMO player since everquest.

Now I had no idea who Curt Schilling even was, until I played the amalur demo and had it freeze. So I went to the amalur offical forums and like a good little whiny gamer I bitched about my bugs, and then Curt Schilling responded to the thread O_o From there I found out he posts on the boards EVERY DAY, he's been playing rpgs since the 80s, and his game studio was originally created with guild members from everyquest 2! He's actually said he's going to wait outside his local gamestop till midnight monday night to pick up his preordered copy of Amalur, invites us all to join him standing in line (even posted the location, he's NUTS).. I couldn't imagine selling him the game, I'd probably throw up when he walked in the door. I assume from there he's going to be playing reckoning and posting on his forums about how its going.

Here's his sort of visionary letter about why he made reckoning:
http://reckoning.amalur.com/en/r/vision ... -schilling

Todd Mcfarlane (spawn), Ken Rolsten (director of oblivion and morrowind), and R.A. Salvatore (sci fi author) are all involved in the game as well, have letters there too.

I'm so hyped about the game because basically I feel he's like one of us, who just happened to come up with 90 million dollars.. and decided the best way to play good games was to have his own studio make them.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:59 pm 

Soo.. I know you guys are waiting with bated breath here on more news!

I finished this game.. in fact I played kingdoms of amalur for apx. 465 hours and did every shred of content known to human and elf kind. My only gripe was the game eventually became easy as hell, but hey, I played it nonstop from feb 7th to whatever day yesterday was..

Unfortunately the studio is now on the verge of bankruptcy though and thier mmorpg isn't looking like it will ever come out.

Meh now on to ffxiii-2 for me, screw you square-enix, I won't bury any of YOUR games with me.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Who the hell is Curt Schilling?! and what is this base..ball you speak of.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Saw a story on it here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/curt-schillings-38-studios-lays-off-entire-staff-amid-financial-woes/2012/05/25/gJQA6WLHqU_blog.html?wprss=rss_sports

and

http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2012/05/25/curt-schilling-and-why-athletes-make-such-poor-financial-decisions/?feed=rss_home

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 pm 

yep, yep.. see they were going to make the MMORPG to kill FFXI, but they all failed.

I have this new view of MMORPGs that's tailored by Wow where they are all little more than easy/quick single player games who contain other players to pvp with and treat poorly for your own ego-boosting amusement.

Playing xenoblade chronicles now, its certainly inspired by FFXI.