-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:02 pm 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Denruki and Ethy wrote:
steam id naoplzkthxbai, mine is Lost_Target.
Missethy is mine. :).

I just added you as friends and sent invite, if you get a chance tell me my Steam ID, i have no idea lol. thanks u.

Ali: Yeah I heard those are great games, I have so many indie games thanks to humble bundle and Planetside 2 take all the gaming time. Thank god for emulators keeping great console games alive without having to dish out more money for downloadable versions for "newer systems".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:42 am 
Maiden of many mules

Derz was yours :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
Derzerb wrote:
if you get a chance tell me my Steam ID

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052158652/

is your profile url

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
Ethy wrote:
Derz was yours :)
Ahh thank you. Thats so wierd, I did a nick search and there were many "derz". Just for my information, what is safe to share on Steam and what info should be kept private like nicks, emails, that wierd number Denruki posted....
I mean obviously I shouldnt tell people I am derz since there is more than 1? Sorry to derail this PS4 discussion!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:18 am 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
The weird number can be changed to a unique profile url, your alias/nick "derz" can be changed anytime as well. Sharing the same alias doesn't matter, if you tell people you're derz u just need to specify which one you are. Its easier to give people a direct link to your profile so they don't have to search for you due to repeat names.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 am 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
boo steam, stupid dialup. Technically I'm on there though I'm not sure of my username. My offline mode for skyrim doesnt work right and about every two weeks it tells me 'no login information is stored on this computer' and I need to turn on my dialup and begin to log in to steam BUT cut the connection before it gets done checking for an update, as I get errors before any update finishes downloading and once it starts downloading you can never play again until its done (thus I have to drag my PC to work to download).

Even if I had steam working there's few JRPGs on PC, I still need consoles for whats left of them.. practically a dead sector of the genre that was 75% of what I liked about gaming. Digging in to Tales of Xillia now which is making me smile up to my ear lobes, I'm a sucker for all the old cliche JRPG stereotypes.. in my dreams I'm a blue haired elf from a small town who lost his memory and just met a strange girl who's part animal and insanely annoying. Its what final fantasy used to be afterall.

I also don't like the fact that you dont really 'own' games on steam, you get to play them as long as they support your operating system and they dont go out of business.. which may be the rest of your life, or maybe not. I like disks and cases, and manuals.. and in the case of tales of xillia you get an artbook and soundtrack cd right now, thats worth like 17 million gil right there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:16 pm 
My friends call me Hadouken 'Cause I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

IGNs: MvC3 Dream Team: Jin Saotome/Saki Omokane/Frank West
Yeah, I can certainly empathize with you there, Day. Sometime last year our ISP folded into att, and the service, speed, and quality shot down the tubes in a few short months. It's been getting better overall gradually, but nowhere near the way it used to be. Over XBL I used to get better connections with people over in South Africa (yes, you read that right) than folks that lived barely a state away from me. Now we have to sacrifice animals, talk with the espers, flip coins and engage in tribal dances to play together with others in a simple P2P host migration enabled arcade title. It's beyond frustrating, so much so that I tend to play strictly single player titles when I bother to turn on the system nowadays.

Browsing Steam now to give you guys some recommendations: (Don't use it... yet. Soon, maybe.)

Ducktales Remastered just came out. Fairly short game, but nostalgia is strong with this one.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicle of Mystara - Excellent, excellent side-scroller arcade game (1-4 players). Your mileage may vary if you didn't grow up an arcade rat like me.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - one guy made this. One guy. Beautiful Metroidvania style arcade-y hack 'n' slash; worth a look if you love 2D games.

The Walking Dead by TellTale Games - Not sure I can recommend this because of the lack of replay value besides branching paths, but it's damn sure better than the travesty that is the television show. Pretty compelling perspective outside the norm of Kirkman's work. If you like the Choose Your Own Adventure kind of game, go for it.

Rayman Origins - Holy Shit. As a diehard fan of tough as nails platformers, this game was crazy good. Recommended if you love Super Mario.

Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City - You like Batman?? At all?? Get these games. You will BE the Bat.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - If you like your action/rpg games stealthy, welcome home. Not my usual style of game, but to my surprise I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Bastion - Already covered, I think.

Sonic Generations - He's taken a few lumps over the last decade, and rightly so, but this game made me believe in the blue blur again. Takes me back to 1991...

Not as much overlap as I thought there'd be considering how ambitious companies are these days to go multiplatform.

Have a look if you'd like. Cheers, gents and lady.