-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 pm 
The Eventress

Hey All,

I wanted to toss up a post because Iā€™m looking for 2 individuals who would be interested in assisting me with Limbus runs as run leaders.

Here is what i'm looking for in a run leader:

*95%+ Attendance Rate - I'm looking for someone who can be at every run, barring serious/family emergencies.
*Initiative to look up run details in advance, and assisting in planning strategies prior to the run.
*The ability to organize and lead a Party/Alliance on your own. (There will be times where another lead will DC at a crucial point or can't make it on a given night due to an emergency, and you'll need to step in)
*Access to the Internet while playing FFXI is a must.
*Someone who can keep focused under pressure.
*Prior Limbus Experience is a plus, but not required.

Benefits:
In the event of an odd number of seals in a run, the extra seals will be pooled, and divided amongst the run leaders once per month. Also, being required to attend has the added plus of allowing you to collect points for gear quickly. Not to mention being able to help out your fellow linkshell mates in attaining great gear themselves!

To avoid this becoming a popularity contest, or creating any hurt feelings, if you are interested please send me a PM with a little blurb rather than posting in this thread. Everyone will be considered and I'll reach out to the two I feel are best suited.

Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:29 am 
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

IGNs: Floressa, Yururu, Cheetah, Donorise
any takers yet?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:40 am 
The Eventress

Yep! I've had 2 people PM me so far, waiting it out until the end of the week though to give everyone interested an opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:25 am 
The Eventress

Well, we ended up having 2 people reply that have quite a bit of previous Limbus experience, which is great. So with that being said Reizon and Kiler will be helping out as run leaders.

Thanks very much you two for stepping up to help out the linkshell!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:25 am 
Fake-moustached Investigator

Katsuko wrote:
Well, we ended up having 2 people reply that have quite a bit of previous Limbus experience, which is great. So with that being said Reizon and Kiler will be helping out as run leaders.

Thanks very much you two for stepping up to help out the linkshell!

Congratulations! I was going to apply, but I figured I wouldn't be of much use, since I haven't done Limbus yet.

Glad to see some progress already.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:16 am 
Aidran's right hand man

IGNs: Reizon
Ok looks like tuesday's run will be SE Apollyon. For this run, as with every run, gather in port Jeuno for Soap and attendance. Gather starts at 4:00pm PST, 7:00pm EST, 1:00am for our Euro peeps, 9:00am JST(I think), attendance is taken half an hour later, and afk doesn't count for you being there. Once attendance is taken, we'll tele out, SE requires Black card dropped off the Aw'Euvhi in the mea section. Once card is farmed we'll head to the portal. Katsuko/Kiler or I will explain in more detail the run at that time, If you want to check it out yourself http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/SE_Apollyon has info on it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:22 am 
Aidran's right hand man

IGNs: Reizon
SE is one of the easier sections, only 4 floors, but each floor's mobs have specific damage/weapon resistance. Here's the wiki info for the lazy peeps: :x

First Floor
* Enemies: Metalloid Amoeba x8 (Slimes)
o Immune or highly resistant to Lullaby.
o About 7500 HP
o About 3/8 drop an Ancient Beastcoin.
* Boss*: Ghost Clot (Slime)
o About 10,000 HP
* Monsters on this floor are immune to blunt damage.*
o Rush, Flaming Crush, Mountain Buster and Chaotic Strike do no damage.
o Also, Avatars' normal melee attacks (Garuda, Shiva, Leviathan, and Ifrit confirmed) do no damage.
o A MNK can equip Vampiric Claws to deal damage to the Amoebas. Hand-to-Hand weaponskills, Kick Attacks and Counters will still do 0 damage though.
o The Warrior ability Tomahawk will allow blunt damage, however it is still quite low compared to that which you would get on monsters occupying the other floors.
* The chests drop directly from the Amoebas.
* The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins and 0-2 AF+1 items (RDM, THF, SMN, BRD, DRK, RNG, NIN, COR, DNC)

Second Floor
* Enemies: Adamantshell x8 (Crabs)
o About 8500 HP
o About 4/8 drop an Ancient Beastcoin.
o Linking.
o Immune or highly resistant to light sleep.
* Boss*: Tieholtsodi (Sea Monk)
o About 10,000 HP
o Uses Hundred Fists
o Very, very high Counter rate. Melee with caution.
* Monsters on this floor are immune to slashing damage.*
o Predator Claws, Spinning Dive, and Eclipse Bite do no damage.
o Fleuret-type swords (e.g. Joyeuse) do piercing damage and will work; however, physical sword weapon skills such as Vorpal Blade will do no damage. Magical weapon skills such as Spirits Within and Seraph Blade will work.
o The Warrior ability Tomahawk will allow slashing damage, however it is still quite low compared to that which you would get on monsters occupying the other floors.
* All three chests pop SW of the raised area, where the Time chest is marked on the map.
* The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 items (PLD, DRK, BST, NIN, BRD, RNG, SMN, PUP, COR, DNC)

Third Floor
* Enemies: Inhumer x8 (Skeleton BLMs)
o About 9000 HP
o About 5/8 drop an Ancient Beastcoin.
o Susceptible to Lullaby and Repose.
o Linking.
* Boss*: Grave Digger (Corse)
o About 10,000 HP
o Has all normal corse job abilities such as Danse Macabre (Charm).
* Monsters on this floor are immune to piercing damage.*
o The Warrior ability Tomahawk will allow piercing damage, however it is still quite low compared to that which you would get on monsters occupying the other floors.
* An Inhumer's highest damaging move seems to be Black Cloud, dealing around 400-600 damage to DD members without stoneskin. Recommend: Cures before Blindna.
* Occasionally one of the skeletons will be close enough to the arrival point to immediately blood aggro.
* Be careful of adds from blood Aggro, they aggro from a very long distance.
* Skeletons also have group aggro: 1 man dies and the whole party has aggro.
* To avoid mass link, start pulling at outside with Silence, Inhumer will start running right away before he will link with the other. Take care at link distance and the HP of the puller.
* The chests on this floor have about six possible points at which they can spawn. These include the southeast, northeast, and southwest corners, and a few points in the central area. Occasionally, two chests will spawn at the same point, on top of one another.
* The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins, and 0-2 AF+1 items (BRD, MNK, DRK, RNG, WAR, NIN, SMN), or crafting items (Light Steel, Darksteel Ore, Darksteel Sheet, Adaman Ore).
Also note the time box on this floor is 10 min, not 5 min as the picture says. Time chest is not under the boss.

Fourth Floor
* Enemies: Flying Spear x8 (Evil Weapon RDMs)
o About 4500 HP
o *Immune to direct magic damage (including Astral Flow, Spirits Within, and other magic damage weaponskills such as Leaden Salute).
o Always drop 2 Ancient Beastcoins.
o Linking.
* Boss*: Evil Armory (Evil Weapon RDM)
o About 12,000 HP
o May start off with heavy stoneskin and other buffs. Dispel recommended.
o Immune to magic until all Flying Spears are defeated; then it will take magic damage as normal.
o Evil Armory's defenses are weakened as Flying Spears are defeated.
* The final chest has 5 Ancient Beastcoins, 2 AF+1 items (WHM, BLM, DRG, SAM, WAR, BLU, SCH), the Smalt Chip, and a chance to drop a Metal Chip(???%).

*Was to lazy to make this a separate topic, might get around to it later but if anyone else makes it before I do, just copy pasta this stuff in there or direct it here. Thanks @_@