-Disposable|Heroes-

inside a whale since 2003.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:14 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
/salute

My goal here is to create a list of all the people who were in the Disposable Heroes or it's merged form: Mystbattalion, who have either quit the game or are currently taking a break. Please post the names of those you can remember, and if you can, add in a happy or humorous memory of that person in FFXI. Comments on those memories are also very welcome.

I know I'm missing lots here so help me out XD As hype for FFXIV builds maybe some of them will come back to glance at the boards and come back to us for one last 'hurrah' before the mass exodus to FFXIV. I myself have left DH (and ffxi) no less than 5 times and the main reason I came back was because I was drawn to check out the DH boards. I shall cross off names as people return ^^ (Very old pics to come as soon as I get to it)

oh and btw : character reactivation service: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/crs/

Heroes of the past, in no specific order:

Borne
Jabari
Canti
Astrai
Katsuko
Kylindar
Tortuga
Iernhardt
Artimus
Feyd (mb)
Fire (mb)
Fylgia
Thuggychan (mb)
Taio
Kitha
Jambi
Drevian
Lupercus
Fairyqueen
Andraste
Dragim
Mithandur
Metaknight
Xodius
Xiayren
Flakes
Lituwotu
Laylia (mb)
Garlandwatson (mb)
Blackchaos
Xiphois
Haze
Nitefall
Cipio
Fotos
Gaarthok
Lampone
Vaioo
Pele
Splinterr
Ariande (mb)
Tesiax (mb)
Tarusquee
Xtaru (mb)
Cymdai
Tyr
Ezekyel
Valcrist
Nenye
Orath
Biggest (mb)
Raynil
Lordedge (mb)
Hooch (mb)
Shiion/Alyasan
Tails/Leopearl
Charry
Aldarius (mb)
Tfourtwozero
Loser
Miraku
Jadedcore
Talin
Senkyoku
Anarria / Jaggers
Nymphadoratonks
Tarundi
Miasto
Nyx
Zilla
Tororo
Saotome
Janos
Dakmar
Nenja
Neijya
Elrihor
Blackbob
Genkou
Amone
Emilius
Ibeni
Leareth
Maile
Karnadas
Zelphie
Alextaru
Dataloss
Eureka
Gomorrah/Verox
Loramir
Magaroja
Midgetgaara
Taalon
Wuggles
Zwickee
Lilhelljr
Zoelle
Dominia
Warpig
Rydiaa
Delguldano (mb)
Jana
Gromm
Alynna
Boscoe
KiKyuras

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:23 pm 

IGNs: Daymon, Damien
A memory of: Charry, around December 2003

Very few of you would remember her, except Denruki, and maybe Jag if he reads this. I met her my first go 'round when I was about 17 warrior and from that point until I was 50 pld never once did I exp without her, or practically log in without her.. but she rarely ever spoke in the LS >.> . A time of note with her would be when me, her, and den attempted to get the kazham key in palborough mines and den fell asleep, we were apx. level 25 on our first jobs. Luckily he fell asleep at the spawn point of one of the brass (or whichever) quadav so we used his hp to tell when they had reappeared. We never did get all three of us the key even after multiple hours.

For reference sake my past is: Enter on oct 29th 2003 and get 55pld (dh leader, the LS was created on apx. OCT 31st with gil made by Tororo selling crystals), quit, return to 62pld, delete, return to get 70 pld(give leader to derz somewhere in late 2004), delete, return to get 38bst, delete, return on asura server to 45rdm, delete, return to 40ish rdm on remora server, delete, return to get 45 bst on bismarck, delete, return to be where I am at the present for 2.5 years and going ^^. Since ffxi has came out I have moved moved twice, graduated from college, got married, and had two kids.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:11 pm 

IGNs: Dyn
Dyra
Denruki
i have the worst name memory evar most of the ones i know day already mentioned except for

Miroku (I coulda sworn it was miroku not miraku dunno)
Vaioo (not vaaio)
Alynna (this is the person i said i still have a stack of water crystals they gave me when they quit)
darkana

i dont fully remember the names:
saotome
janos
dakmar

just puttin this out there
nenja
nenye
neija
always friggin got confused on who was who.

also i lost most of the group pics we took

as for memories i have too many, i can basically write a novel from all the 5-6 years of playing. starting from before day 1 >_>......

it all began with a forum post or so the legend says....before ffxi came out an idea was posted on the IGN forums about having a group of people start out together ingame etc. I actualy waited to reply to the post watched it for awhile and joined near the cutoff, joined a few of the chatrooms, and was on the DH boards(miroku's forum) alot/ posting any info on ffxi i could find.

oct 28th '03 release date of pc version, couple of our members already had it and were in they were looking for the right server + cheap world passes, i was all like dammit i want the gameeeeeeeeeeeee.

I had gotten the game on friday oct 29th 2003 after school, got home installed and patched these were my dial-up days so the patch took 10+ hrs(got home at 6pm ish, and was playing at like 4am sat morning) i stayed up and watched it patch and read the game manual 3-4 times front to back, browsed boards, IMs etc, signed up and started playing, first thing i did was talk to every single npc in windurst.......... it was 6-7am by the time i was done....went outside started killin stuff did a /sea all day a few times he wasnt online till noonish. and was told about the whole meetup (the few people had already saved up enough gil to get a linkshell and they were gonna buy it today, so we all headed to the npc that sold them but it was closed at the time so we all say on the docks by the npc chattin, shop opened day bought the shell etc handed out pearls, then we each did our own thing and thats how my life in DH first started.

and yep i remember all those times i fell asleep while playing ffxi, some events we did, our first DH meeting in selbina( it was a middle point since we had some peeps start out in each city), the naked race to jeuno, our alliance exp pt, Talin+taio guiding a few of us to sandy on foot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:47 pm 

Denruki wrote:
it all began with a forum post or so the legend says....before ffxi came out an idea was posted on the IGN forums about having a group of people start out together ingame etc. I actualy waited to reply to the post watched it for awhile and joined near the cutoff, joined a few of the chatrooms, and was on the DH boards(miroku's forum) alot/ posting any info on ffxi i could find.

oct 28th '03 release date of pc version, couple of our members already had it and were in they were looking for the right server + cheap world passes, i was all like dammit i want the gameeeeeeeeeeeee.

I had gotten the game on friday oct 29th 2003 after school, got home installed and patched these were my dial-up days so the patch took 10+ hrs(got home at 6pm ish, and was playing at like 4am sat morning) i stayed up and watched it patch and read the game manual 3-4 times front to back, browsed boards, IMs etc, signed up and started playing, first thing i did was talk to every single npc in windurst.......... it was 6-7am by the time i was done....went outside started killin stuff did a /sea all day a few times he wasnt online till noonish. and was told about the whole meetup (the few people had already saved up enough gil to get a linkshell and they were gonna buy it today, so we all headed to the npc that sold them but it was closed at the time so we all say on the docks by the npc chattin, shop opened day bought the shell etc handed out pearls, then we each did our own thing and thats how my life in DH first started.

and yep i remember all those times i fell asleep while playing ffxi, some events we did, our first DH meeting in selbina( it was a middle point since we had some peeps start out in each city), the naked race to jeuno, our alliance exp pt, Talin+taio guiding a few of us to sandy on foot.

I nostalgia'd. hard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am 
Soloable by "most" jobs.

IGNs: Arynel, Arinel, Elvynel, Hairynel, Meowynel
Ah, Warpig and Rydiaa. Rumor has it when they switched servers, they joined an endgame LS and ended up being a product of the banhammer after the salvage bans. Good people tho, miss them!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 am 

Haha once I get my damn job situation settled I'll be back. :mrgreen:

This is however a very nice sentiment.. I couldn't leave for good without giving out what little junk I have anywho.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 am 

IGNs: Lingan
remember meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........................................................................................................

DO IT!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:36 am 

Ah, Genkou. I havent heard that name in years. He was a fun person to be around. We were thrown into jail once with a smelly galka (not Derz) where we did battle with a mighty GM who misspelled violating (it spelled it violatinj). From that day forth he was known as Ghastly Gen and I was Meaty Mord. Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:42 am 

Hmmm yessssssh, I know this Katsuko person. Many were the times we would instigate the singing of the pokemon theme song. It happened so much that one day even derz started to sing along. good tims, gooood times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:50 am 

Now for this Anarria person. He was a strange one. Often times it would be dificult discerning if he was male or female, and seemed to have some kind of man crush on me, which is tottaly understandable (manly laughter). A fair amount of enjoyable adventures were had with him.

Oh, then Lampone... never will i go into Castle O again. Seriously hate that place and the low key drops. I believe part of his sanity still haunts that place to this day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next